I am researching James B. Horn and I am trying to prove or disprove that he was a son of Michael Horn and Elizabeth Thompson.Michael moved his family to Russell County from Harris County, GA between 1840 and 1849, as they are listed on the 1850 Russell County census. I am currently hampered by a number of problems: 1) Michael Horn was missed in the 1840 GA census of Harris County (land records seem to place in the county for the time still), 2) James may or may not have been listed as Jane in the 1850 census in Russell Co. his brother Elijah seems to have been listed as Eliza, and 3) I live in Virginia and have limited access to Georgia records.
Michael Horn was born 30 Jul 1803 in Edgefield, South Carolina and died 15 Oct 1863 in Columbia Co., Fl.He married Elizabeth Thompson born about 1812 in Georgia.They married sometime about 1828 in Georgia.
Michael and Elizabeth's Children: 1. Unknown Female Horn b. 1826-1830 in Harris County, GA
2. James B. Horn b. 1832 in Harris County,Georgiad 02 Jul 1863 in Gettysburg, Pa m. Mary Smryl (b. Oct 1835 in Georgia d. Btw.1910-1920 Twiggs Co.in Georgia) m. Abt. 1849 in either Russell Co., AL or GA
3. Permelia Nicholas Horn b. 1835 in South Carolina m. Jim Cobb in Russell Co., AL
4. Elijah Horn b.19 Feb 1837 in Harris County, Georgia d: 05 Jun 1854 in Russell Co., AL
5. Robert Coleman E. Horn b. 31 May 1839 in Harris Co., Georgia d. 24 Aug 1899 in Geneva Co., AL m. Sarah Ann Elizabeth Chadwick m. 04 Jan 1857 in Russell Co., Al
6. Harrison Horn b. 1841 in Harris County,Georgia
7. Martha Horn b.1843 in Harris County,Georgia m. 1.James Thomas Smryl (b. 14 Apr 1834 in Georgia)2. James D'Mour
8. Michael Horn b.1845 in Harris County,Georgia
9. Caroline Horn b. 1847 in Harris County,Georgia m.Richard Archdeacon (b. 1851)
I would appreciate any information anyone has on any one of these family members, but especially James B. or his wife Mary Smyrl. I do have information on most of these family members and their descendants and am welling to share.