I'd like to exchange information with someone who is descended from William Bright RUTHERFORD (b. ca. 1826 in TN) who md. Nancy FERGUSON in Wash. Co., AR in 1853.
William, his father and some of his brothers went to CA for the Gold Rush.They returned to AR in 1852 and, in 1854, all but William returned to CA to settle.
I found William and his family in the 1860 and 1870 Censuses of Wash. Co., AR, but could not find him in 1880.There were five children born to this couple:
1. Harriet RUTHERFORD, b. ca. 1856, md. Robert ELLIS
2. John Ferguson RUTHERFORD, b. 1859, d. 1911 - he md. Mary Frances JONES in 1891 and is said to have lived in Pine Bluff, Jefferson Co., AR.They had four children: John Ferguson RUTHERFORD, Jr., Norma RUTHERFORD who md. Everett OWENS, Augusta RUTHERFORD who md. John T. Scogin, Jr. and Allen Scott RUTHERFORD
3. Robert RUTHERFORD - md. Ardeen HOSHALL
4. Julia RUTHERFORD - md. H. H. WARREN
5. Mary E. RUTHERFORD - md. Felix CLAPENBACK
I would like to contact some descendants of these people.I don't need anything on this line on back as I already have it back to the late 1600's.