Elizabeth BRANDON had 3 sisters 1.Mary, who md. William SKELTON; 2.Linea Frances, who md.
Martin CORNELISON & 3.Jane, who md. Spencer Forby FINE. Their parents are: Rhoda CARTWRIGHT and James BRANDON who md.abt.1813. They are "of" Rowan County, North Carolina, Davidson Co., Tennessee & Barren Co., Kentucky before moving to Arkansas.
James BRANDON dies 1856 in Washington Co., AR. Would like to find exact date & place. Does anyone have his obituary ? Would like to know where he was buried and what his tombstone states. A cousin has written that his parents are William & Catherine BAILEY
Rhoda dies 1840 in Wash.Co.,AR. Her
parents (my cousin states are:) Joseph & Elizabeth (maiden name unknown) CARTWRIGHT.
Would like to hear from their descendants.
Elizabeth BRANDON md John Peter LINDLEY & their children are:
1. James b abt 1828 TN - d bef 1869;
2. Sarah b abt 1831 TN - d __ Aug 189_Springdale, Wash. Co., AR, shemd. abt 1859 Wesley J. PresleySHOUSE;
3. Malinda M. "Linney" b 17 Jun 1835 nearFayetteville, Wash.Co.,AR - d20 Jun 1911 Washburn, Barry Co.,MO, md 17 Jan 1854 Fayetteville,
Wash.Co.,AR to James AlexanderSKELTON;
4. Mary b abt 1836 AR, md 4 Apr 1854Fayetteville, Wash.Co.,AR toTheodore RHEA, Mary d. ___5. ____b abt 1837 near Fayetteville,Wash.Co.,AR (found him in 1Census) he might have died young
6. William b abt 1838 AR, md 25 Nov 1858Wash.Co.,AR to Penelope HINSON/
7. Louisa b abt 1842 Clear Creek Township,P.O. Fayetteville, Wash.Co.,AR; 8. Jane b abt 1845/46 AR, md 25 Jan 1863Fayetteville, Wash.Co.,AR toSylvanius CARTWRIGHT;
9. Benjamin Franklin b 22 Oct 1850 ClearCreek Township, Fayetteville,Wash.Co.,AR - d 10 Oct 1917 athome SE of Springdale,Wash.Co.AR. "Ben" md 15 Jan 1869Springdale, Wash.Co.,AR to NancyE. "Nan" McGARY, daughter ofMathew & Martha GRAHAM McGary.
10. Elizabeth "Lizzie" b abt 1857-59 ClearCreek Twp., Fayetteville,Wash.Co., AR, md 28 Dec 1876Benton Co.,AR to Andrew Mac(orH.) COLVILLE.
Would like to hear from the above descendants and share information. Picture are a delight to me. Of the above persons, I only have one small picture of "Ben" when he was white haired & with a beard, so can't really tell what he looks like. I come down thru "Ben" and Nancy's son, F.M. thru his daughter, Tressa, then me.
Hope to hear from some cousins. THANK YOU.
Willie E. SEARCY