Modesto Bee, page B-2 Friday, 30 January 1987 AARON AUGUSTA CLINTON, 82, Turlock
DIED: Wednesday in Turlock.
SERVICES: Funeral at 11 a.m. today at Whitehurst Norton Funeral Chapel. Burial in Turlock Memorial Park. Visitation from 9 a.m. to service time today at the
BACKGROUND: Native of Oklahoma. Lived in Delhi 38 years before moving to Turlock less than a year ago. Retired farmer.
SURVIVORS: Wife, Lilla Clinton of Delhi. Four sons, Aaron A. Clinton Jr. of Riverbank, Henry Clinton of Winton, Alvin and Jerry Clinton, both of Delhi. Three daughters, Janet Worsham of Delhi, Mary Lively of Turlock and Darline Pace of Ceres. Brother. Sister, Jean Beuther of Ceres. Twenty-three grand-children and 19 great-grandchildren.
REMEMBRANCES: Christian Berets, c/o Whitehurst Norton Funeral Chapel =========================================================== Notes: For a brief, unfortunate period the Bee tried to cram more obituaries into a small space by using a "heading and data" format. They have gone back to a normal style, but obituaries from the period are like this.
Modesto is the county seat and largest city in Stanislaus County. Merced is th elargets city and county seat of Merced County.
The town of Delhi - which the natives pronounce "Dell-hi", not "Del-ee" - is in Merced County. Most of its residents go into Stanislaus County for their major shopping and to find a restaurant suitable for the wife's birthday. I suspect 60% of them take the Modesto Bee and the other 40% the Merced Sun Star. Aaron may have had a bigger write-up in the Merced paper. You might post a second request on the Merced County GenForum. If you do, be sure to mention the obit you have from the Bee, so that the Merced County volunteer doesn't duplicate my effort.
I printed the obit from the microfilm and will mail it to you if you send me your address via e-mail.