The Mary J. Ferguson, born about 1816 who married 12 July 1838 in Cabell County, (W) VA Edmund Lovell Clark has been identified as a daughter of John, Jr. and Jenny (Vaughan) Ferguson.My ancestor Mary (“Polly”) Ferguson who was born between 1824 and 1826 has also been identified as daughter of John Jr. and Jenny (Vaughan) Ferguson.I don’t believe they would have had two daughters named “Mary.”Also Edmund and Mary (Ferguson) Clark went to Missouri shortly after their marriage, then on to Yolo County, California a few years later.Mary (Ferguson) Fannin lived near John Ferguson, Jr. in Wayne County, (W)VA in 1850 and 1860 censuses.
I don’t believe Mary (Ferguson) Clark was a daughter of John Ferguson, Jr.If there is a descendant who sees this, please tell me who her parents were (for certain if you can).My research hasn’t turned up any identification of her parents.Following is more about Edmund and Mary (Ferguson) Clark:
MARY JANE FERGUSON, b. 1816, Cabell Co., WVA; m. EDMUND CLARK, 12 Jul 1838, Cabell Co., VA.
EDMUND LOVELL CLARK, SR. (1810-1892, b. VA), m. 1838 MARY JANE FERGUSON (1822-1870, b. VA)
Edmund was born 15 January 1810 and died 19 November 1892.
1. EMMARINE CLARK ( 1839-1910) b. MO m. 1853 JOEL WOOD (1827-1913) b. TN
2. CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS CLARK (1840 - ????) b. MO m. 1858 Mary Ellen Myers
3. NANCY CLARK (1843 – 1866) b. MO m. 1856 Goldman Milsap (1828-1894) b. MO
4. GEORGE WASHINGTON CLARK (1846 – 1882/92) b. MO m. Jane
5. EDMUND L. CLARK, JR. (1849-1936) b. MO m. 1867 Susan Jane Clark (1849-1887) b. IA
6. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN CLARK (1855 - ????) b. CA m. Zella Browning(1858-1921) b. CA
7. WILLIAM J. CLARK (1857 - ????) b. CA
8. MARSHA CLARK (1859 - ????) b. CA m. Joseph Baird