Stratford originally included Shelton, Monroe,Trumbull,and Parts of Bridgeport. In 1789 Ripton Parish Which also included Monroe Established the Independent Town of Huntington(Samual Huntington). Monroe quickly became Independent. When Industrialization occured (1880's) The Borough of Shelton was created within the town of Huntington. The town's name was changed to Shelton in 1921. There still exists a section of Shelton (Without any clear boundry's) called Huntington. The fact remains this is one town with one History.