Not my family line, just sharing.
The following Biographical sketch was copied from the book "HISTORY AND BIOGRAPHY COUNTIES OF WHITE AND PULASKI, INDIANA. Historical and Biographical. Illustrated. Chicago; F.A. Battey & Co., Publishers. 1883.
page 680, Salem Township, Pulaski County, Indiana.
"MOSES MARIAN GORDON, M.D., Captain of Carnahan Guards, Commander of Henry S. Lane Post, and Vice President of a Soldiers' Veteran Association, was born in Butler County, Ohio, May 13, 1837, and is the son of WILLIAM and MARY (CARTRIGHT) GORDON, who settled in Cass County, this state (Indiana), in 1841 and moved to this county (Pulaski) in 1857. DR. GORDON was reared a salesman at Georgetown, Indiana. At the age of twenty-one, he attended the normal school at Kokomo; remained for two years, and left as a teacher. At the breaking-out of the war, he helped raise the first company from Howard County - Company E, Thirteenth Indiana Volunteer Infantry. He was elected Orderly Sergeant, and reached the rank of First Lieutenant; was then assigned to the Quatermaster's Department; was at times Aid-de-Camp to General R. S. FOSTER, and took part in all the engagements and skirmishes in which his regiment participated, and at the battle of Chester Station had one horse shot under him, and was also wounded in the breast. On his return, he engaged in the mercantile business up to 1880, and then resumed the practice of medicine. He is a graduate of the Keokuk Medical College and of the Indiana Medical Department of Butler University. In 1871, he went to Rulo, Nebraska, where he held several civil offices, and acted as physician to the Iowa Sac and Fox Indians. He returned to Pulaski County in 1875. He is now County Physician for the Poor. He was married, May 17, 1865, to MISS EMMA A. JOHNSON, daughter of Captain JOHN H. JOHNSON, of Spencer, Indiana, and to this union have been born five children, viz.: ROSA MARIAN, May 25, 1866; BYRON B. L., April 17, 1869; WILLIAM J. B., July 24, 1870; MELVILLE MORTON, September 28, 1877; DAISEY BLANCH, November 22, 1879. The Doctor has taken five degrees in Odd Fellowship, and is also a member of the Methodist Epicopal Church."