From the book "HISTORY AND BIOGRAPHY, COUNTIES OF WHITE AND PULASKI INDIANA. Historical and Biographical. Illustrated. Chicago; F. A. Battey & CO., Publishers. 1883." page 320, Jackson Township, White County, Indiana
"DR. A. B. JONES was born in North Carolina October 27, 1825, where he attended school and learned the carpenter's trade and cabinet-making; at these trades he worked until 1857. He was of a roving disposition, and traveled through many States during his early manhood. His first business venture was near Georgetown, Kentucky, where he purchased a set of artesian well tools, with which he worked one year. He resided afterward in Southern Indiana, then in Missouri, where he began the study of medicine with his brother in 1857, continuing until 1860, when he joined his parents near Greenville, Tennessee. In 1861, he moved to Georgetown, Indiana, where he entered into practice. He was married, June 30, 1864, to MAGGIE R., the daughter of JAMES GORDON, of Cass County (Indiana). In 1863, he came to Burnettsville, this township, and in September, 1865, moved to Francesville, Pulaski County, where his wife died in February, 1866. Soon after this event, the Doctor sold out and, in July, 1866, located in Idaville, where he remained one year; then moved to Lincolnville, Wabash County. In 1868, he came to Burnettsville, where he now has a large practice. December 1, 1871, he married MRS. LORETTA (McCLURE) HAWKINS, of Wabash, Indiana, whose Great-grandfather's school the Doctor had attended two terms. In 1879-80, the Doctor improved his studies by attending lectures at the Indiana Medical College, and also attended a special course at the Central College of Physicians and Surgeons in 1882-83."