We have done quite a bit of research on this particular branch of the Bishop family and would be glad to share information. For more information pertaining to Chloe Bishop's father James Harvey Bishop, look at our July 4, 2007, message about James H. Bishop and Chloe Lake on the Bishop Family Genealogy Forum. We have not studied the Violett family.
Chloe Bishop was born 7 Nov. 1802 in KY. She died 14 Oct. 1875 (75 y, 11m, and 7d) at Waterford, Elkhart Co. IN. She is buried in the Violett Cemetery Elkhart Co. IN. Chloe Bishop married John Wesley Violett in Clark Co. Ohio on 4 Mar. 1823. He was born 29 Aug 1795 in Loudoun Co. VA, the son of Benjamin Violett and Elizabeth Hunter. He died 24 Oct 1871. The couple moved to Elkhart Co. Indiana prior to 1830. The couple had the following children:
1. James W. Violett, born 20 Jan. 1825; died 6 Sep. 1839 (14y, 7m, 18d); buried in Violett Cemetery Goshen IN.
2. William N. Violett, born 29 Oct. 1826 in OH; died 27 Jan. 1873; married Anna Eliza Haney; had daughter Jane born circa 1857 in IN; both buried Violette Cemetery Elkhart Co. IN.
3. Elizabeth Anne Violett, born 21 Jun. 1828 in OH; died 20 Aug. 1853; marriedWilliam Cowper Matchette (b. 21 May 1821 in Bourbon Co. KY) 24 Jun. 1846 in Goshen, IN; William was a doctor; buried in Violett Cemetery in Goshen IN.
4. John H. Violett, born 22 Nov. 1829 in IN; died 13 Aug. 1913; farmer attending school in 1850;married Catherine Rodibaugh; daughters Cheve born circa 1857 and Flora born circa 1860; married Melissa Leedy; he is buried in Violett Cemetery Goshen IN.
5. Mary Catherine Violett, born 9 Apr. 1831 in IN; died 18 Jan. 1907; married Edwin H. Stevens (b. 1822) in 1853; both are buried in Violett Cemetery Goshen IN.
6. Louis G. Violett, born 30 Sep. 1833 in IN; farmer attending school in 1850; died 7 Jun. 1863; burieds in Violett Cemetery Goshen IN.
7. Isaiah Violett, born 2 Jun. 1835 in IN; died 26 May 1923; farmer attending school in 1850; married Helen C. Hale; buried in Violett Cemetery, Goshen IN.
8. Martha Violett, born 21 Aug. 1837 in IN; died 13 Apr. 1915; buried in Violett Cemetery Goshen IN.
9. Lafayette Violett, born 25 Jan. 1844 in IN; 17 Nov. 1871; married Margaret R. Welch (b. ca. 1846) on 11 Dec. 1862 in Kosciusko Co. IN; buried in Violett Cemetery Goshen IN; attending school in 1850; listed as a Physician in the 1870 Census of Kosciusko Co. with land worth $1,500 and personal property worth $300. He is living with his wife and two children John age 2 and Melvin age 2 months.
10. Benjamin Violett, born 20 Dec. 1844 in IN; died 15 Sep. 1925; attending school in 1850; married Olive ? or Caroline Spuier; born buried Violett Cemetery Goshen IN.
If you have any additional information to share or any corrections to the information above we would greatly appreciate hearing from you.