Liberty is a Christian Church founded about 1817 as a New LIght Church. It probably became a Christian Church about 1828. It was on the land taken by the government to form the Jeffersn Proving Ground. The building was moved to the east side of US 421 in 1941.
Hebron Baptist Church was formed in 1828.
The Hebron cemetery began about 1815 as a community burying ground. It did not belong formally associated with the church until later years. The Jamesons were probably members at Liberty. Love W. Jameson and other heirs, deeded land to the trustees of Liberty on March 9, 1845 in the NE1/4 Section23 Twp. 5N Range 10E (Jefferson Co. Deed Book W p. 572.) The trustees were James M. Humphreys, John W. Land, Thomas Wise, Ephraim Penn and Thomas Jameson Jr.