In 1823, by two grants of 80 acres each, John P. Sharp acquired all of the SE quarter of Section 1, Twp 7N, Range 7E. He is mentioned in Record Book 1 in 1823 as owing on account the estate of Nathaniel Eastman.
Both land grants give his residence as "of Jennings County."
What became of that land? Did he sell it? If so, when and to whom? Does the deed give his residence? Did his wife relinquish her dower right? Deed book and page of deed(s)?
If not sold, title must have passed by intestacy (no will found). Who owned that land in 1840? How did that person acquire the land?[If reading the map correctly, in 1884, this land was owned by T. French (40 ac) and the heirs of William Wilkerson (120 ac).There may have been many intervening owners.]