If anyone can add anything to these findings, or can put us into contact with living descendants of our relatives below, please write. Thanks.
Parents: James Gordon, b. ca. 1771, MD, d. 1854, Seneca, OH, & ma. ca. 1810, OH? to Annie ---, b. 1784-5, MD, d. after 1850, Seneca, bu.?
Children of James Gordon and Annie ---.
1. Margaret Gordon, b. ca. 1812, OH, d. 17 July 1891, Ironton, MO, bu. Pilot Knob Cem. See John C. H. Montgomery In Montgomery family forum.
2. George Wellington Gordon, b. 30 Jan. 1814, OH; d. 7 Dec. 1888, Argos, Marshall, IN, bu. Maple Grove Cem.(MGC), Walnut Tp. Marshall, IN. Moved to Marshall, IN about 1856 from St. Jos. Co., IN & there from Ohio ca. 1852.
Ma. 1st. ca. 1835, Seneca, OH, to Hannah Guisbert b. ca. 1815, MD.; d. 16 Sept. 1854, 39 yrs; poss. died from childbirth, in St. Jos. Co., IN, Bu. Sumption Prairie, Green Tp., St. Jos., IN. Father: Andreas Guisbert & ---.
Ma. 2nd 8 June 1856, Seneca, OH to Sarah S. McIntire, b. 14 Sept. 1830, OH, d. 24 Mar. 1886, Marshall, MGC. Parents: Unk.
Children: by Hannah
1. Anna b. May 1837, OH, d. after 1910, IN, bu.?; ma. 11 May 1855, St. Jos., IN, to Allen Bolin, b. June 1834, OH, d. 4 July 1900, Indiana Soldiers Home, W. Lafayette, IN. bu. in ISH Cem.
2. Lafayette b. 15 Feb 1839, Thompson, Seneca, OH; d. 9 June 1864, Washington, D.C., from wounds at Spotsylvania, Va. Regt. 20, Co. C, IVI; not married.
3. Margarette (Maggie) 1840-1, d. ?; ma. 10 June 1866, Marshall, IN, to Frances M. Dawson, b. 1849-50, IN; d? s/o Wm. (1801 KY--1887 Argos, IN)& Sarah Greer Dawson. Unable to find after 1870. Poss. to Pierce, WI in 1880.
4. John C. b. 24 June 1844, Seneca, OH, d. 18 Nov. 1925, Chicago, IL, bu. MGC, Argos, IN. Co. C. 20th IVI.
Ma. 1st 6 May 1872, Marshall? Millie J. Sanders b. 25 Apr. 1851, Lake, IN., d. after 1930?. d/o Rev. R. H. Sanders(b. 1833, Greenbg., PA, & Mary A. Sutton. Div. by 1892; she remarried Millard C. Pearson 1898-9, to Chicago, IL.
Children: Zena Winnifred, d/o J. C. & M. J., b. 21 Jan. 1873, d. 20 Nov. 1877, MGC; Mary B. b. Apr. 1876; Grace B. Gordon b.(3 Feb. 1883?)Feb. 1879, Argos, IN, d. 14 Sept. 1922, Chicago, IL, wife of George B. Moore, bu. Rosehill; Harris S. Nov. 1884; all b. IN.
ma. 2nd age 48, Sept. 1892, Argos, Marshall, IN to Amanda Shedd, Argos, Father, E. F. Rosenburg
Ma. 3rd 20 May 1900, Argos, IN, to Hattie E. Strickland Nethercutt, b. Mar. 1872, d. by 1910, Argos? Parents: Curtis V. Strickland/Mary A. Pembroke, of Mishawaka, IN.
5. Daniel 1844-5, ma. 6 Apr. 1871, Marshall, IN, to Martha Lowry. Nothing after marriage record.
6. Mars 1846-7; died young, before 1860 census.
7. Temperance b. Sept. 1848, OH, d. by 1930, Argos, IN.; Ma. 13 Sept. 1868, Marshall, IN, to Geo. W. Worthington, b. Sept. 1845, IN, d. by 1920, S. Bend, IN, bu?; s/o Wm. & Matilda Heaten(Eagan) Worthington. Bro. Thomas J. No children.
8. Cynthia E. b. 30 Sept. 1849, Seneca, OH; d. 21 Aug. 1923 Marshall, IN., bu. MGC.
Ma. 4 Apr. 1869, Marshall, IN, to Hugh Pickerel, b. 29 Dec. 1833 IN, d. 27 Aug. 1899, bu. MGC, Marshall, IN. Regt. 83 IVI, next to her Geo. W. and Sarah in MGC Cem., Walnut Tp.
1/1, son: Austin W. b. Aug. 1886, IN.
9. Martha C. 1851, OH-1874, bu. MGC, Marshall.; ma. 14 Aug. 1870, Marshall, IN, to Wm. R. Cooke b. NJ.
Child: Myrta Cooke, b. Dec. 1872, (raised by Temperance); ma. 26 June. 1895, Argos, IN, to Victor E. Neff b. Sept. 1863, IN.
10. Hannah b. ca. Sept. 1854; d. 11 June 1855, age 9 mos. dau. of GW Gordon and H.; bu. Sumption Prairie Cem. with mother, Hannah.
Children by Sarah
11. Mary Dell b. 1856-7 IN, Ma. 9 July 1879, Marshall, IN, to Austin H. Johnson b. 1850-1, IA, pa/PA Physician. Nothing after 1880 census.
12. Hattie A. 1858-1876 IN, bu. MGC
13. Blanche A. 1860, IN, 1873, bu. MGC, IN;
14. Lida L. b. 16 Sept. 1864-5, Marshall, IN, d. 5 Feb. 1921, bu. MGC; ma. to Thomas Singleton, 5 Mar. 1859, d. 3 Mar. 1913. no census records
15. Viola 1864-5 IN, Unk.
Sources: US census records; Ma. records Indiana spec. Marshall and nearby cos.; Tombaugh's Cemeteries of Marshall Co., In.