In 1821, John Blades Sr and wife Elenor Stuckey, along with some others from Franklin Co Ind, decided to move into the Rush Co area. Many of them had been in Indiana Territory/State since 1806/7, when they had left South Carolina for greener pastures in the north. Some had made short stay overs in Kentucky on the way up, but all were here by 1811. John Blades had been "appointed" an Elder in the church, and continued his past "work" in the Little Cedar Grove Baptist Church on Little Cedar Creek in Franklin Co, in the new Little Flat Rock Baptist Church. John Blades had purchased land just north of its location. He and others, such as the Hackelmans, Sailors, Perkins, Winships, Tyners, are given credit for being "founders" of Noble Twp., and thus, Rush Co. The "MINUTES" of this fine church, and its continued existance even after the "reformation" troubles, is owned by the Rushville Public Library System. Thank Goodness. John Blades also scores another "first", to add to the first two "firsts", as he performed the first marriage ceremony in the new formal organization of Rush Co. He would perform many more, as Marriage License Record #1 book, over at Office of Clerk will verify. Some of John Sr and Elenor (Stuckey) Blades children would intermarry here in Rush Co with the Ferrans (widow), Winship, Harcourt, Barrett; one already married (Franklin) to a Hackelman. John Blades, Elenor, and the balance of the family, moved in 1833/4, down into Bartholomew Co Ind; his last move. John Blades Sr was the son of Luke and Catherine (?) Blades; Elenor Stuckey was the daughter of Thomas Sr and Sarah (?) Stuckey.