From the book "HISTORY AND BIOGRAPHY, COUNTIES OF WHITE AND PULASKI INDIANA. Historical and Biographical. Illustrated. Chicago; F. A. Battey & CO., Publishers. 1883." page 276, Prairie Township, White County, Indiana
"J. H. MOORE is a native of Henry County, Indiana, and is a son of PHILIP and JULIA A. MOORE, natives of North Carolina, and pioneers of Henry County, where they died. J. H. MOORE was married, December 22, 1861, to MISS EMILY L. LAMB, a native of Wayne County, Indiana, and daughter of THOMAS LAMB, a farmer. For two years after marriage, MR. MOORE lived on rented land, then purchased eighty acres in Howard County, Indiana, which he farmed a year; then, in 1865, came to his present place in this township, which he purchased in partnership with his brother, MILES M. MOORE, and which then comprised 265 acres; it was later increased to 365 acres, and in 1874 MR. MOORE bought out his brother's interest. He handles from twenty to thirty head of cattle a year, seventy-five to 100 hogs, forty to fifty sheep, and about twelve horses. MR. and MRS. MOORE are members of the United Brethren Church, and are the parents of two children - MARY L. and HATTIE E."