Not my family line, just sharing.
From the book "HISTORY AND BIOGRAPHY, COUNTIES OF WHITE AND PULASKI INDIANA. Historical and Biographical. Illustrated. Chicago; F. A. Battey & CO., Publishers. 1883."
page 250, Union Township, White County
"ROBERT R. BRECKENRIDGE, was born in Washington County, Ohio, November 21, 1844. Of the ten children born to his parents, JOHN and MARTHA (DUNLAP) BRECKENRIDGE, only five are now living, and these reside in Union Township. JOHN BRECKENRIDGE and wife were both natives of Scotland, where they were married and where Mr. BRECKENRIDGE learned the trade of cabinet-making. They crossed the Atlantic to the United States in about 1835, and for ten years and a half resided in Washington County, Ohio. They then removed to Indiana, locating in Tippecanoe County, and five an a half years later moved to the farm now owned by DANIEL McCUAIG, in Union Township. Mr. BRECKENRIDGE died here December 28, 1870, followed by his widow some years later. Like the majority of his countrymen in White County, Mr. BRECKENRIDGE retained many of the virtues instilled into his mind while in the old country, among which was his faithful adherence to the Presbyterian Church. ROBERT R. BRECKENRIDGE was reared a farmer, and such has always been his occupation. After receiving a good commercial education, he began teaching school, and of the seven terms he has taught, four have been in White County. At the age of twenty-two, he began doing for himself, and for a few years farmed in White County, afterward spending about three years in Illinois and Kansas. In 1871, he located permanently in Union Township, and has ever since resided here. He owns 125 acres of good land, and was married, December 18, 1873, to Miss JANE REYNOLDS, daughter of JOHN REYNOLDS, deceased, and they have had two children - GEORGE C. and MABEL (deceased). The mother was born September 29, 1854, in White County. Mr. BRECKENRIDGE, in politics, is a Democrat, and has served Union Township over five years as Trustee. He and wife are members of the Presbyterian Church."