From "History of Whitley and Noble Counties, Indiana" by Weston A. Goodspeed and Charles Blanchard, and published in Chicago by F. A. Battey & Co., in 1882.Columbia City Sketches, Pg. 273:
"FRANCIS TULLEY, one of the oldest settlers of Whitley County, Ind., and a present resident of Columbia City, was born April 3, 1810, in Ross County, Ohio, and there grew to manhood. He was of a family of eight children, but two yet living, born to Francis and Elizabeth (Wayland) Tulley, who were natives of Virginia, and were of English and German descent. Francis Tulley's early years were spent on his parents' farm, his educational advantages being necessarily limited. He was married, February 26, 1833, to Miss Mary E. Nickey, who was born in Augusta County, Va., July 12, 1812, and was one of eleven children, five yet living. Her parents were Samuel and Catharine (Bolsley) Nickey, and were of German descent. After the death of the father in Virginia, the mother, with the remainder of the family, removed to Ross County, Ohio, in 1832. Mr. and Mrs. Tulley emigrated to Indiana in 1834, locating in Smith Township, Whitley County, which, at that time was an almost unbroken wilderness. Here they built a log cabin, set up their household goods and began to battle with the rude forces of nature around them, undergoing all the privations and toil incident to pioneer life. Here their children were born, four in number-Rosanna (now Mrs. John Krider), William A., a gunsmith; Cyrus B., an attorney, all residents of Columbia City, and Wesley C., of Smith Township. In June, 1872, the parents left the old home, in which they had encountered life's joys and sorrows and had amassed an ample competence by their labors, and came to Columbia City, where they have since lived quiet, retired lives, loved and esteemed by all. Mr. Tulley is a Democrat, and himself and wife are members of the United Brethren Church."
And on Pg. 274:
"CYRUS B. TULLEY was born in Smith Township, Whitley County, Ind., August 18, 1839. Spent his youth on the old homestead, availing himself of the best advantages the schools of that day offered. He was married, October 25, 1859, to Fannie W. Krider, and afterward engaged in farming and teaching until he came to Columbia City in 1865 and began the study of law, and engaged in surveying. In the spring of 1866, he was elected Town Clerk, and the year following was elected one of the Town Trustees. In the fall of 1867, he was elected County Surveyor, in 1871, City Marshal, and, in the fall of 1872, was elected to the State Legislature, serving in the regular and special sessions of 1872-73. In 1875, he was again elected Town Trustee, and in 1878 was re-elected to the Legislature, serving in the regular and special sessions of 1879. Mr. Tulley was admitted to the bar of Whitley County in 1869, and has made the practice of law his profession. He is at present acting Justice of the Peace and strictly Democratic in politics, while Mrs. Tulley is a member of the United Brethren Church. Mr. T. owns twenty acres of land in Union Township, besides a large number of town lots in Columbia City, and one-fourth of the Central Building block in which his office is located. Himself and wife are the parents of two daughters-Abie and Rose."
Hope this helps!