Thanks so much Clare, this is really nice of you to try to help me. Another nice lady emailed me with information she found. She found Roselius Folse and Zoe Barberot in the 1900 census. They have both his parents beingborn in Louisiana but no names listed. They also had his name spelt wrong, they had his name as Roselies Folse instead of Roselius. I don't have any names for his parents and I don't know any names of siblings, and I don't know his middle name even, unfortunately. I have his birthdate as August 03, 1868 which my Grandfather left on a piece of paper he had placed in his bible along with the other names of family members that I will list here. Roselius Folse is listed on a Memorial for fallen police office in New Orleans and can be seen at http://www.new-orleans.la.us/cnoweb/nopd/Memorial.htmhttp://www.new-orleans.la.us/cnoweb/nopd/Memorial.htm . He is also on the memorial for fallen police officers in Washington DC's national memorial. You can see this memorial in Washington DC on line by going to: http://www.nleomf.comhttp://www.nleomf.com
New Orleans, Louisiana, P.D.
New Orleans, LA
Date of Death: 07/20/1920
Panel 29, W -6
Children of Roselius Folse and Marie Zoe Barberot are:
1. Henry Julian Folse- born January 09, 1896, Died April 04, 1909
2. August Timothy Folse - BornJanuary 24, 1898, Died December 06, 1950 - Married Ruby Sidonia Dennis on June 23, 1920, in New Orleans, Louisiana
3. George Roselius Folse - Born April 27, 1901, Died June 18, 1902
4. Eugene Charles Folse (my grandfather) - Born November 04, 1903, Died February 24, 1970, married Gertie Albarado
5. Joseph Achille Folse - Born January 01, 1906, Died February 01, 1906
6. Josephine Cecelia Folse - January 01, 1906, Died January 28, 1906
Eugene and August Folse was the only children to make it pass childhood.
Zoe's parents are Claude Francois Victor Barberot who is from France and Marie Eugenie Fontenelle which I have traced Eugenie's line and the only one I seem to have luck at doing...lol. I have no parents name for Claude Francois Victor Barberot or any siblings names. There is another Claude Francois Victor Barberot born in Plaquemines Louisiana but that is not him, he lived in Plaquemines Parish and was born in France.
Children of Claude Francois Victor Barberot and Marie Eugenie Fontenelle are:
1. Leon Richard Barberot - Born June 1857, Died February 28, 1921, He married Christine Lartigue on January 17, 1885.
2. Laura Barberot - born 1861, and died December 06, 1933. She married Jules Savoie in 1881
3. Emile Ambroise Barberot - was born October 24, 1864, and died date unknown
4. Joseph Simon Barberot - born January 15, 1867, and died October 02, 1910. He married Ophelia Marie Ragas.
5. Marie Leontine Barberot -, born May 24, 1869, died November 04, 1959
6. Marie Zoe Barberot ( my great grandmother) - born March 25, 1872, and died January 08, 1918 in Louisiana. She married Roselius Folse on December 22, 1894 in New Orleans, La.
This is about all the info I have on them except some of the Barberot's children's, children. Thanks again for helping me out, that was so nice. I debated for a long time to post a message here, but I am glad I did. There is some very nice people out there and I hope maybe some of this info might help someone else, maybe there is someone with an unknown Folse that might make a connection with my Great Grandfather and help us both out, one never knows until you try. Thanks again!