I’m a desc of Barbara Miller’s brother John Fredrick, Jr.and have some information about my collateral lines including Barbara Miller and William Mcintire.I don’t have death dates for either, or the dates of all of their children, but I have some info which I am including.I have quite a bit about the Barbara’s paternal line if you’re interested.Barbara and William’s daughter Margaret married into another of my lines, the Gambles.I’d be interested in comparing notes with you.
1. Barbara MILLER 1 was born on 12 Aug 1831 in Claiborne Parish, Louisiana. Barbara was counted in a census in 1880 in Shown on the 1880 census in Webster Parish.
Barbara married3 William R. MCINTIRE 2 on 26 Aug 1852 in Claiborne Parish, Louisiana. William was born in 1826 in Louisiana. William was counted in a census4 in 1870 in Claiborne Parish, Louisiana. He was counted in a census in 1880 in Shown on census in Webster Parish, Louisiana. Both of William's Parents were born in Ireland
William and Barbara had the following children:
2 Fi.Sarah MCINTIRE .
3 Mii.George Fredrick MCINTIRE .
4 Miii.Charles F. MCINTIRE .
5 Fiv.Elizabeth F. MCINTIRE .
6 Fv.Sally Gamble MCINTIRE .
7 Fvi.John J. MCINTIRE .
8 Mvii.William R. MCINTIRE 5 was born6 on 1 May 1868. He died7 on 26 Jul 1938 in Claiborne Parish, Louisiana. He was buried8 Evergreen Cemetery in Webster Parish, Louisiana.
MCINTIRE, WILLIAM R
Land Office:NATCHITOCHESSequence #:1
Document Number:10813Total Acres:119.02
Misc. Doc. Nr.:Signature:Yes
Issue Date:April 01, 1859
Mineral Rights Reserved:No
Metes and Bounds:No
Survey Date:Statutory Reference:3 Stat. 566Multiple Warantee Names:NoAct or Treaty:April 24, 1820
Multiple Patentee Names:NoEntry Classification:Sale-Cash Entries
_Legal Land Description:
#Aliquot PartsBlock # Base LineFractional
1W½NELOUISIANANo20 N8 W15
2NENWLOUISIANANo20 N8 W15
William married Onie SIKES in 1896. Onie was born6 on 4 Oct 1878. She died6 on 28 Oct 1950 in Webster Parish, Louisiana. She was buried6 Evergreen Cemetery in Webster Parish, Louisiana.
9 Fviii.Molly MCINTIRE .
10 Fix.Margaret F. MCINTIRE "Maggie".
Margaret married9 James Michael MILLER son of William B. MILLER and Sarah GAMBLE on 2 Apr 1882 in Webster Parish, Louisiana. James was born on 19 Feb 1854. He died on 11 Sep 1902. He was buried Pine Grove Cemetery in Webster Parish, Louisiana. James was counted in a census10 in 1880 in Webster Parish, Louisiana.
1880 Census Place:1st Ward, Webster, Louisiana
Source: FHL Film 1254473National Archives Film T9-0473Page 216C
J. Mike MILLERSelfMSW26LAOcc:Farmer Fa: MIMo: LA
Sally MILLER MotherFWW50LA Occ:Keeping HouseFa: SCOo: SCO
Ellen MILLER SisterFSW22LA Occ:At HomeFa: SCOMo: SCO
Willie MILLERSisterFSW18LA Occ:At Home Fa: SCoMo: SCO
Monroe GRIGSBYOtherMSB25LA Occ:Works On Farm Fa: ALMo: AL
Benj. MONTGOMERY OtherMSB22LAOcc:Works On Farm Fa: MS Mo: MS
Pappor MC GEEOtherMB18LA Occ: Works On Farm Fa: ARMo: GA
1. John Ardis Cawthon, North Louisiana Historical Association Journal, Fall 1975, Vol 7, No. 1.
2. John Ardis Cawthon, North Louisiana Historical Association Journal,Fall 1975, Vol 7, No. 1.
3. Claiborne Parish Marriage Records, Book 1; Folio 59.
4. 1870 FederalCensus, Township 4 West, Minden, Louisiana.
5. Bureau of Land Managment, General Land Office Records.
6. Headstone, Evergreen Cemetery, Webster Parish, Louisiana.
7. Headstone,Evergreen Cemetery, Webster Parish, Louisiana.
8. Cemetery Inscriptions of Webster Parish, compiled by John C. and Wanda V. Head, Volume IV, page 112.
9. Webster Parish Marriage Records 1871-1901, Abstracted by John C. Head and Wanda Volentine Head, Book 2,page 11. Ceremony performed byJackson Sikes, J.P.J. Michael Miller to Maggie McIntyre.
10. 1880 Federal Census, Ward 1; Webster Parish, Louisiana.