It is interesting that your A.B. Bradshaw was born in Texas and had the first and middle names the same as our Ambrose Bull family members (yes, there were several Ambrose Bulls).
Ambrose Bull b. Abt 1750 Newbern, Craven Co, NC; M. Elizabeth Hogan Johnson 1777 in Newbern, Craven Co, NC; d. 27 March 1789 in Newbern, Craven Co, NC. Their children were:
1) Janet Bull, b. 1778 in Craven Co, NC; m. Unknown; d. Unknown.
2) James Hogan Bull, b. 23 Jun 1780 in Newbern, Craven Co, NC; m. Frelove Campbell 1797 in Lawrence Co, MS; d. 25 Aug 1840 in Yazoo Co, MS; buried with his wife in BULL Cemetery on the Bull Homestead.
3) Robert Bull, b. 1782; m. 1) Susannah Sullivan 31 Mar 1811 in Jasper Co, GA. 2)Melinda Finklea/Finkley in Drew Co, AR; d. 13 Aug 1861 in Ashley Co, AR.
4) Mary Bull, b. 1784 in Craven Co, NC; m. William Morris 9 Apr 1804 in Craven Co, NC; d. unknown
5) Susannah Bull, b. 1786 in Craven Co, NC; m. William Sinclair Lancaster 11 Nov 1803 in Craven Co, NC; d. unknown
We know that James Hogan Bull and Frelove Campbell Bull had a son named Ambrose Carroll Bull, b. 9 Feb 1806; m. 1) Sarah Kees Maxwell 26 Mar 1829 in Lawrence Co, MS and 2) Eliza Jane Sparks 27 Aug 1851 in Ashley Co, AR; d.12 Apr 1890 in Bulls Creek, Mills Co, TX.
(Possibly your A.B. Bradshaw was named after this Ambrose?)
Robert Bull and Susannah Sullivan Bull, also, had a son named Ambrose Haskell Bull, b. 5 May 1818 in Pike Co, GA; m. 1) Rebecca Thompson 4 Jul 1844 and 2) Hulda Hathcock 30 Jun 1850; d. 26 Feb 1863.
There was yet another Ambrose -- Ambrose Mark Bull, b. 1875; d. 1936.He was the son of James Conwey Bull and Isabella Hawkins Bull.He is buried in the Mumphrey Cemetery in Avant, Hamilton Co, TX.That is all of the information that we have on Ambrose Mark Bull.
And the last known Ambrose Bull that we have in our line is Ambrose Bull, son of William S. Bull and Mary Hines Bull, b. 1852.That is the totallity of the data that we have on this family member.William S. Bull is one of the sons of Robert Bull and Susannah Sullivan Bull.We know that they lived in GA then MS then AR....
I just wonder who your Ambers/Ambrose Bull Bradshaw might have been named after?By the way, our Ambrose Bull, circa 1750, is an American Revolutionary War soldier who served in the North Carolina militia for six months under the command of Captain Charles Roach and General J. Johnson.
Hope this helps provide you with some insight into the naming of your family member....
With kind regards,
Roger Charles Bull
Son of Walter Lafayette Bull & Ruth Bourgeois Bull
Gson of Henry Lafayette Bull & Ida Elizabeth Bradley Bull
G Gson of John C. Bull & Amalie "Millie" E. Copeland Bull
GG Gson of Johnson Bull & Susan Daniel Bull
GGG Gson of Robert Bull & Susannah Sullivan Bull
GGGG Gson of Ambrose Bull & Elizabeth Hogan Johnson Bull
GGGGG Gson of Robert Bull & Rachel T. ? Bull
GGGGGG Gson of Thomas Bull, Sr. & Susannah ? Bull