Fairview Cemetery is located in Wexford County, Michigan, just southwest of the Town of Manton. The original name of the cemetery was Maple Hill to Viewpoint then to Fairview in May 1919. The locals call it Manton Cemetery or Cedar Creek Cemetery. The oldest date recorded is July 16, 1871 for Gertie W. Burdick. This suggests that the ground was used for a burial ground before being deeded by the Railroad.
Section one is the oldest section. It has lots numbered to 478. It was deeded to the Board of Health, Township of Cedar Creek, on August 23, 1877 by the Grand Rapids and Indiana Railroad.
Section two has 545 lots and was deeded by George H. and Amy Bartlett on April 9, 1910.
Section 3 has 423 lots and was deeded by Clarence and Grace Collier on August 12, 1954. It has the highest hill and the fewest number of graves currently. There is a list of burials online by clicking on Fairview Cemetery in Manton, MI or by contacting the Cedar Creek Township Clerk. Log in again if you need further assistance.