This information is about the hospital in question:
Regional West Medical Center 4021 Avenue B Scottsbluff, Nebraska 69361 (308) 635-3711
Our History On April 15, 1924, West Nebraska Methodist Episcopal Hospital opened with 20 beds in a newly constructed, but unfinished hotel located at 18th and Broadway in Scottsbluff. Shortly thereafter, the board developed the West Nebraska Methodist School of Nursing to ensure the availability of trained nurses. In 1951, the School of Radiologic Technology opened to provide trained staff for the radiology department.
With community support, the hospital grew. On June 10, 1967, a new 112-bed hospital opened at the 4021 Avenue B. West Nebraska General Hospital, as it was later known, purchased neighboring St. Mary Hospital in 1977. In 1988, the name was changed to Regional West Medical Center and the community hospital evolved into a regional referral center. A decade of expansion followed with the addition of two Medical Office Plazas, The Village at Regional West, Air Link air ambulance service and more.
Today, as one of three Level II Trauma Centers in the state, Regional West provides 24-hour emergency and trauma care for patients throughout the Nebraska panhandle and eastern Wyoming. The 180-bed facility is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
Regional West Medical Center is a not-for-profit subsidiary of Regional West Health Services. It is governed by a volunteer board of trustees comprised of community members