We are looking for information pertaining to John Welch Bishop (1822-18xx) of Clark Co. OH, McLean Co. IL, and Linn Co. KS, his wife Lorena Scott, their children William, Mary, James John, Emma, and Charles, and grandchildren, and other descendents. We would greatly appreciate any information that you can provide and any corrections you can provide to the information given below that might be inaccurate.
John W. Bishop was born circa 1822 in Clark Co. OH, the son of John Bishop III and Nancy Welch. He seems to have died sometime between 1860 and 1870. When and where did John W. Bishop die? Where is he buried?
John W. Bishop married Lorena Scott 18 Dec. 1846 in Urbana, Champaign Co. OH. Does anyone have the vital statistics for Lorena Scott Bishop? When and where was she born? Who were her parents? When and where did she die? Where is she buried? We need it all.
We know of six children who were born to John and Lorena Bishop:
1. William Worth Bishop was born Nov. 1847 in Clark Co. OH. He died 16 Feb. 1926 in Virginia City Cass Co. IL. He married Sarah C. Evans on 23 Sep. 1875 in McLean Co. IL. Sarah was born May 1848 in VA. She died prior to 1900. William and Sarah Bishop had three children: Fredrick, Clarence, and Edgar.
a. Fredrick Cyrus Bishop was born 26 Nov. 1876 in IL. He died 10 Sep. 1926 in Cook Co. IL. He married (1st) Virginia A. ??? circa 1903 and had two daughters. He apparently divorced his first wife and married (2nd) Mildred Rife ??? circa 1915 and had two more daughters. Does anyone have the vital information for these wives and their children? b. Clarence Evans Bishop was born Mar. 1879 in IL. He died Dec. 1953 in Los Angeles CA. He married Grace Texas Powell (?) circa 1910 in Spokane WA. Did they have any children? When did his wife die and where are they buried? c. Edgar Worth Bishop was born Aug. 1883 in IL. He died 21 Jun. 1923 in Jacksonville Morgan Co. IL. He married Nell Paul ??? circa 1909 and had one son named Robert Bishop who was born circa 1919 in IL. Nell Bishop is living by herself in 1930, so their son Robert either died young or was raised by someone else. Does anyone have information on their son Robert Bishop?
2. Mary Elizabeth Bishop was born circa 1849 in Clark Co. OH.
3. James Newton Bishop was born circa 1852 in McLean Co. IL.
4. John Bishop was born circa 1855 in McLean Co. IL.
5. Emma Bishop was born circa 1858 in McLean Co. IL.
6. Charles Bishop was born circa 1862 in Linn Co. KS. He died 14 Mar. 1938 in Jacksonville Morgan Co. IL. In 1910, he is a patient in the state mental hospital at Jacksonville and apparently lived there until his death in 1938.
In 1850, John and Lorena Bishop are living in McLean Co. IL. In 1860, they are living near Oakwood in Centerville Township Linn Co. KS. In 1870, neither John nor Lorena can be found in the Federal Census and their children seem to have been dispersed to other families. Charles Bishop, born 1862 in KS, is living in LeRoy Empire Township McLean Co. IL with his Aunt and Uncle, James and Anna Hutton. William Bishop, age 23 born in OH, is a laborer living in McLean Co. IL with harness maker George L. Pearce. Emma Bishop age 11 may be living (?) with Sarah J. and James W. Tyler in Laona Winnebago Co. IL.
We would greatly appreciate any information that you can provide about John Welch Bishop (1822-18xx) of Clark Co. OH, McLean Co. IL, and Linn Co. KS, his wife Lorena Scott, and their children, grandchildren, and other descendents. Please also provide corrections to any information above that might be inaccurate.