The following Biographical sketch was copied from the book "HISTORY AND BIOGRAPHY COUNTIES OF WHITE AND PULASKI, INDIANA. Historical and Biographical. Illustrated. Chicago; F.A. Battey & Co., Publishers. 1883. page 700, Harrison Township, Pulaski County, Indiana.
"MILTON W. VENARD is a native of Clinton County, Ohio, was born May 25, 1830, and is the son of MARTIN H. and SARAH (LEE) VENARD, natives, respectively, of Ohio and North Carolina. In 1834, the parents came to Indiana, locating in Fulton County, where for seven years they endured all the privations of frontier life. They then came to this township; in 1852, the father made a trip overland to California, returned after an absence of two years, and died at the age of sixty-six, a consistent member of the Methodist Episcopal Church. He had been a Whig, but later became a Republican, and had served as County Commissioner both in Fulton and this county. MILTON W. received his education at the pioneer schoolhouse, and worked on the home farm until he attained manhood. He then worked a year at wagon-making in Homer, Illinois, and then returned to this township, where he now owns 320 acres of good land, all gained through his own industry. April 29, 1855, he married MISS MARIA BORDERS, one of the seven children of WESLEY and SARAH (EDSON) BORDERS, and born October 19, 1838. To this union were born nine children, of whom six are living - EMMA, MARY, LAURA, MAUD, STELLA and ADA PEARL; the deceased are SCHUYLER COLFAX, EDWIN GRANT and CELESTA. MR. VENARD and wife are members of the Methodist Episcopal Church."