From the book "HISTORY AND BIOGRAPHY, COUNTIES OF WHITE AND PULASKI INDIANA. Historical and Biographical. Illustrated. Chicago; F. A. Battey & CO., Publishers. 1883." page 259, Union Township, White County, Indiana.
"THOMAS MCKEAN THOMPSON, deceased, was born June 28, 1810, in Steubenville, Ohio. His father, after whom he was named, was a nephew of THOMAS McKEAN, an ex-Governor of Pennsylvania and one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence; and his mother was ALLETTA HALSTEAD, who bore her husband a family of nine children, only four of whom yet live. The family moved to Granville, Ohio, in 1817, and there the subject of this sketch was reared to manhood. After attending public school in his earlier years, he became a student at Kenyon College but remained only one year, afterward entering Miami University, where he graduated at the end of three years. He read law in the office of COL. MARTHIAT, of Newark, Ohio, until he had a thorough knowledge of that profession, and in about 1834 he went to Indianapolis and began practice. In 1837, he came to Monticello (White County, Indiana), where he continued the practice of law and engaged in other occupations. For a number of years he was Justice of the Peace, and in 1851 was elected County Auditor. In politics, MR. THOMPSON was a warm supporter of the Whig party until the organization of the Republican party, when he joined its ranks and remained in hearty accord with the same until his death. He was married to MARY ANN SHEETZ, December 17, 1843, and a family of seven children were born to them - ELBERT H., FREDERICK S., MARGARET A., JAMES M., MARY I., MAUD and MINNIE. The mother was born in Hamshire County, Virginia, November 21, 1825 and died October 24, 1867. MR. THOMPSON died August 24, 1881, and both he and wife lie sleeping side by side in the SHEETZ buring-ground, situated a short distance above Monticello on the banks of the Tippecanoe. Mr. THOMPSON was one of the best men ever in White County and his liberality and kindly ways endeared him to many warm and lasting friends. Both he and wife were members of the Presbyterian Church. The old homestead left and its additions now amount to about 500 acres of good land, and is owned by the children of MR. and MRS. THOMPSON. The SHEETZ family were among the first in White County."