The " Cincinnati Female Seminary," conducted for a long time on the southwest corner of Seventh and Mound streets, by T. A. Burrows, was a notable seat of polite culture. Among its teachers, in 1859, were Milton Sayler, since distinguished in law, and Miss Frances C. Bauman, one of the most influential women teachers that the city has ever possessed. This seminary passed into the hands of Rev. George W. Maxwell, D.D., whose high standards and refined scholarship kept tip its well deserved reputation. The school building was finally bought by the Homeopathists, and was transformed into "Pulte Medical College."
Cincinnati Female Seminary also wasknown as Maxwell's Young Woman's Academy