Hopewell church formed 1806-7 by several families most of which were Scotch-Irish members of the Associate Reform Church who were from South Carolina and left their because they opposed slavery. The first building was built of logs in 1808. The present brick building was built in 1827 by 116 families at cost of $1,100 services were discontinued there in 1915 peak membership had been 400. Annual homecommings were held ther by daughter churches until 1958 In 1964 an interdenominational orginization was formed to offer a place of worship for people at Hueston Woods State Park. Services were held outside the church untill 1966 when funds were raised to repair the church. Volunteers hold services there May to Sep.