We are looking for information pertaining to Landon Bishop (1820-1903), his wife Jane Howey (1822-1893) and their children, grandchildren, etc.
Landon Bishop was born 23 Apr. 1820 in Loudoun Co. VA, the son of Fenley Bishop and Nancy Milborn. He died 27 Aug. 1903 in OH.
Landon Bishop moved from Fauquier Co. VA to Franklin Co. OH in 1824 with his parents, and three years later the family moved to Jerome Township in Union Co. OH. Landon was reared on the homestead and assisted his father in clearing it.
Landon Bishop married Jane Howey on 20 Nov. 1844 in Franklin Co. OH. She was born 27 Aug. 1822 in Franklin Co. OH, the daughter of James and Sarah Howey. She died 10 Nov. 1893.
In 1845, Landon and Jane Bishop moved to Washington, Franklin Co. OH and lived there for nine years. They returned to Jerome Township Union Co. Oh in 1855 and located on a 165 acre farm where Landon raised thoroughbred Spanish Merino sheep.
The children of Landon and Jane Bishop were:
1. McKendre (McKinley) Bishop, born Aug. 1843 in OH; died circa 1913 in OH. He is single in the 1880 census, a widower in the 1900 census, and single in the 1910 census. Did he actually marry? If so, did they have any children?
2. William F. Bishop, born 24 Feb. 1851 in Dublin Franklin Co. OH, died 2 Aug. 1897. He is unmarried living with his parents in the 1880 Census. Did he ever marry or have any children?
3. Alma E. Bishop, born circa 1856 in OH; married John Madison Price (b. 18 Nov. 1850; d. 27 Apr. 1895).
4. Charles Fremont Bishop, born 25 Oct. 1856 in Dublin, Franklin Co. OH; died 3 Aug. 1925 in Franklin Co. OH. He married Ella Nora Hagenlocker. She was born Mar. 1872 in OH. Both of her parents were born in Germany. She died 9 Jan. 1950. The couple had the following children:
a. Mary Bishop, born Dec. 1899 in OH. b. William Landon Bishop, born 5 Jun. 1901 in Dublin Franklin Co. OH in OH; died 15 Oct. 1976 in Franklin Co. OH. c. Charles Walter Bishop, born 1 Nov. 1902 in Dublin, Franklin Co. OH; died 15 Sep. 1970. d. Marguerite Bishop, born circa 1907 in OH. e. Eleanor Bishop, born circa 1913 in OH.
5. Melicia Sarah Bishop, born 6 Aug. 1857 in Dublin Franklin Co. OH, died 23 Jan. 1865, aged 7 yrs, 5 mo. and 17 days.
6. Olive A. Bishop, born 2 Apr. 1859 in Dublin Franklin Co. OH.
7. John Ephriam Bishop, born Nov. 1867 in OH; d. 5 Feb. 1938 in OH; married Faye Elizabeth Comstock on 17 or 18 Apr. 1901 New California, Union Co. OH. She was born 5 Sep. 1875, the daughter of Charles F. Comstock and Amanda F. McCampbell. She died in 1952.
a. Ester (or Esther) J. Bishop, born ca. 1903 in OH. b. Charles Leland Bishop, born 3 Feb. 1906 in Jerome, Union Co. OH; died 20 Jul. 1993 in Madison Co. OH. Who did he marry and what are the names of his children? c. Howard Irving Bishop, born 9 Nov. 1908 in Jerome, Union Co. OH; died 11 Sep. 1960. Who did he marry and what are the names of his children? d. A. Irene Bishop, born 19 Jun. 1913 in Jerome, Union Co. OH; died 10 Mar. 1994 in Hilliard Franklin Co. OH; widow, name at death A. Irene Brown Johnston.
Any information that you can provide about Landon Bishop (1820-1903), his wife Jane Howey (1822-1893) and their children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, etc. would be greatly appreciated.