MILO W. ANDERSON. The farm owned and occupied by the above-named gentleman is located in Greene County, four and a half miles south of Xenia, on Caesar’s Creek, and comprises seventy acres of land. Although the estate is not so large as many in the township, it is one of considerable value, being well improved and conducted in such a manner as to show that its owner is both enterprising and progressive. Mr. ANDERSON is engaged in farming and stock-raising and is numbered among the substantial men of the county, in which he has lived all his life.
The natal day of Milo W. ANDERSON was March 27, 1857, and his birthplace the farm adjoining that which he now occupies. His parents were Joseph and Matilda (STANFIELD) ANDERSON, whose history will be found on another page in this volume. Under their careful tutelage he became firm in principles, industrious in habits and fitted for a useful and honorable life. He was reared on the farm, received a good common-school education, and after his marriage purchased from his father a portion of the old homestead, upon which he has since carried on his own successful career.
At the home of the bride’s parents, October 5, 1875, the rites of wedlock were celebrated between Milo W. ANDERSON and Margaret Alice HOWARD. The bride is the second child of Minor and Maria (HAVESTICK) HOWARD, who are natives of Warren County, Ohio and of Maryland respectively. She was born in Xenia, August 29, 1856, is well educated, and possesses those virtues of heart and mind which fit her for usefulness in life and for an influence which extends far beyond her home. The only other member of the family is Emma J., wife of James SHANE.
Mr. and Mrs. ANDERSON are members of the Reformed Church. Their otherwise happy marriage is a childless one, but although denied that outlet for their affection they bestow their good will in abundant measure on those about them, winning in return a due measure of esteem and consideration.
Portrait and Biographical Album of Greene and Clark Counties, Ohio Chapman Bros., Chicago. Copyright 1890.