Our thanks to Cheryl Jordan who has photographed all extant tombstones in the West Woodville [now Woodville] Cemetery as part of the Warren County Genealogical Society project to create a digital archives of all gravestones in Warren County. A total of 602 names are recorded on the photographed gravestones.Only nine names were listed from the 1982 reading of the cemetery that were not found in 2006.
The results of Cheryl's efforts will be incorporated into a future update of Warren County Cemetery Records Volume 2 by the Warren County Genealogical Society.The photos have also been added to the Warren County OHGenWeb project at http://www.rootsweb.com/~ohwarren/Cemetery/westwoodville/index.htmhttp://www.rootsweb.com/~ohwarren/Cemetery/westwoodville/index.htm which now has gravestone photos for 11, 254 individuals on line]
This is an active cemetery located in the extreme southeastern corner of Warren County, very close to both the Clermont and Clinton County lines. It straddles Morrow-Woodville Road (County Road 24) just south of Stonelick Creek on the north side of the Village of West Woodville (now Woodville) in Wayne Township, Clermont County, Ohio. The old section is on the west side of the road and the new section is on the east side of the road.Various Warren County maps from 1856 through 1903 all show the village with the name "West Woodville" straddling the county line with the cemetery on the north boundary. Not sure when the name was changed from "West Woodville" to "Woodville"
The cemetery is not included in the USGS GNIS."Ohio Cemeteries 1803-2003" by the Ohio Genealogical Society lists the old section and the new section of the cemetery as two separate cemeteries. New Woodville Cemetery (12275) Old Woodville Cemetery (1938)
NOTE:The “Zoar” or “Plum Run” Cemetery in Hamilton Twp [OGS #12247] is listed as the “Woodville” Cemetery in USGS GNIS