"History of Wayne County Ohio" page 33 Easton was first known as Chippewa 1816, later Slankerville, laid out by John Slanker, Reuben Dressler, and John Gartner in 1843.When the Cleveland, Lorain and Wheeling RR was built in 1853, the name was changed to Easton.Jacob Slanker, born in PA in 1771, came to Chippewa Twp in 1836. He had 17 children.Slankertown was a Half-Way Stationon the Wooster-Akron Stagecoach Line.A noon time stop was made at th eSlankertown Hotel to have dinner, freshen up and tend the horses.The hotel was located on the west side of the road, at the crest of the hill.it was built before 1842.The hotel is a residence in Easton today. (1998)
Jacob Slanker was born in Berks Co PA 11-25-1771 and married Esther Klose (died 4-7-1854 age 78). Moved to Chippewa Twp, Ohio 4-5-1836 where he laid out the town of Slankertown.He moved to Medina County and died there 8-25-1849.Children:B F Slanker married 4 times 1st wife was Mary Dressler, Jacob married Lydia Fisheron 5-22-1822 had 12 children-Issac and Daniel.
Jacob and Esther Slanker buried Doylestown Presbyterian Cemetery.