LAURA BELL FULLER HELM
July 3, 1884 to April 17, 1964
THE FRESNO BEE
MRS. LAURA HELM
Funeral services for Mrs. Laura Bell Helm, 79, of Selma will be held at 3 p.m. tomorrow in the Full Gospel Tabernacle in Selma. She died Friday in the Selma District Hospital. A native of Arkansas, Mrs. Helm had lived in Selma 28 years. Her husband, Roscoe, died about six years ago. She is survived by four sons, Melvin, Ernest, Sam and Quim, all of Selma; six daughters, Mrs. Bessie Van Dyke and Mrs. Dorothy Cypert of Selma, Mrs. Ora Whitsett of Van Nuys, Los Angeles County, Mrs. Billie Wilson of Topeka, Kansas, Mrs. Gertie Dierich of Stockton and Mrs. Joann Styles of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; two sisters Mrs. Dona Salmon and Mrs. Laura Harris of Okmulgee; 34 grandchildren and 36 great grandchildren. Burial will be in the Floral Memorial Cemetery in Selma. The Tinkler Mission Chapel is in charge of arrangements.
Tinkler Mission Chapel, 475 North Broadway, Fresno.
Laura Bell Helm - Services Tuesday 3 pm, Second & Sylvia Streets, Selma. Visitation will be held in the Tinkler Mission Chapel, Fresno, until Tuesday at 10 a.m. Thence to Full Gospel Tabernacle Church where she will lie in state until service time.
Laura Bell Helm 1884-1964
Funeral Services at Full Gospel Tabernacle Tuesday at 3:00 p.m. April 21, 1964.
Officiating Rev. Paul Welch - Penecostal Church of God and
Rev. Bill Parks - Full Gospel Tabernacle. Casket Bearers: Bobby Allbritton, Olen McCullar, James Clifton, Bill Helm, Bob Clifton, James Petree. Services concluded at Floral Memorial Park, Selma.
BURIAL: 21 Apr 1964. Floral Memorial Park.
FATHER: John Wesley Fuller b 1857 Cherokee AL
MOTHER: Mary Francis Emaline McMurry Fuller b 1860 Cherokee AL HUSBAND: Roscoe Helm b10 Nov1887 TX, d 26 Nov1949 Selma Fresno CA, m abt 1900 Van Buren AR.
1. Bessie Gertrude Mae Helm b 3 Sep 1906 Okmulgee OK, d 27 May 1966 Selma Fresno CA, m Roma Leonard Van Dyke b Hoffman Okmulgee OK.
2. Otis Stanley Odes Helm b 26 Jan 1908 Okmulgee OK, d 24 Nov 1957 Selma Fresno CA, m #1 May Dye, #2 Iva Ethel Harbour b Hazel Pottawatomie OK.
3. Melvin George Helm b 23 Sep 1910 Okmulgee OK, d 27 Apr 1979 Fresno Fresno CA, m Dora Ellen Fields Luster b Salt Creek Okmulgee OK.
4. Ernest Huston Helm b 11 Jul 1913 Okmulgee OK, d 18 Jan 1971 Selma Fresno CA, m Minnie Lee Rivers b Daisey OK.
5. Ora Irene Helm b 25 Feb 1914 Okmulgee OK, d unknown, m William Howard Whitsett b OK.
6. Dorotha Mary Elizabeth Helm b 14 Sep1915 Okmulgee OK, d 5 Dec 1999 Turlock Stanislaus CA, m Garland Cypert Marshall Searcy AR.
7. Dessie Murl "Billie" Helm b 14 Apr 1917 Okmulgee OK, d unknown, m #1 Louis Elmer Harjo b OK. #2 Charles Wilson b Columbia SC.
8. Roscoe Sam Helm b 10 Jan 1919 Okmulgee OK, d 14 Mar 1993 Dinuba Fresno CA, m Frieda Mae Walker b Huntsville Madison AL.
9. Lon Quim Helm b 12 Augs 1921 Okmulgee OK, d 13 Dec 1972 Selma Fresno CA, m Gladys Shelley b Brawley Imperial CA.
10. Gertie Meady Isabell Helm b 2 Jun 1923 Okmulgee OK, d 2 Jun 2002 CA, m #1 William Owen James b AR. #2 Carl Dierich b AR.
SIBLINGS OF LAURA:
1. Joseph Hampton Fuller Centre, Cherokee, AL, sp Mary Frances Dilbeck. 2. George Wesley Fuller Centre, Cherokee, AL, sp Etta Lillie Pack, b OK.
(3. Laura Bell Fuller b Conway Faulkner AR, sp Roscoe Helm.)
4. Cal Donna Leal Fuller b Conway AR, sp Claude Salmon b MO.
5. Pearl Martha Fuller b Conway, AR, sp Albert Wonsch b NB.
6. Marion Huston Fuller b Conway AR, sp Emily Ramsey b MS.
7. Mary Elizabeth Fuller b Conway, AR, sp Iva Howard.
8. Ora Ann Fuller b Conway, AR, sp John Harris b OH.
9. Lena Arvella Fuller b Conway, AR. unmarried.