This is where I have found most of my information from for John W. BRADLEY. I hope this can be some help for anyone that is connected to me or willing to help me find out more! Thank-YOU!!
Descendants of Robert Bradley and Ann Bradshaw
Generation No. 4
10. BRADLEY4 BERRY (ELIZABETH3 BRADLEY, JOHN2, ROBERT1) was born Abt. 1736 in Albemarle Co., Va., and died Abt. 1795 in Albemarle Co., Va.. He married (1) ELIZABETH FIELDS. He married (2) ANN in Albemarle Co., Va.. He married (3) JARILLA ELLEN BARBER 20 December 1841 in Lynchburg, Campbell Co., Va..
Child of BRADLEY BERRY and ANN is:
23. i.GEORGE5 BERRY, b. 12 January 1765, Northumberland Co., Va.; d. Abt. February 1849, Barren Co., Ky..
Children of BRADLEY BERRY and JARILLA BARBER are:
11. JOHN W.4 BRADLEY (JOHN3, JOHN2, ROBERT1) was born 10 August 1751 in Cumberland Co., Va., and died 23 August 1837 in Wilson Co., Tn.. He married SUSANNAH ROWTON Abt. 1772 in Cumberland Co., Va..
Notes for JOHN W. BRADLEY:
John W. Bradley applied for a Revolutionary War pension in Wilson Co., Tn. on 9/24/1832. He was 81 years old on 8/10/. He had enlisted in Cumberland Co., Va. and was mustered out twice for three months each time in the Spring and Fall of 1781. Both times he was assigned to the Va. regiment. During the Spring maneuver, while camped near the city of Richmond, the regiment was reviewed by the Marquis de LaFayette.
John went to Wilson Co., Tn. in 1805 with 7 of his children.
On the 1787 Cumberland Co., Va. census he was shown as having 2 blacks over 16, 2 blacks under 16, 3 horses or mules and 7 head of cattle.
Notes for SUSANNAH ROWTON:
Susannah Rowton was a sister of her husbands brother John's wife Mary Price Rowton.
Children of JOHN BRADLEY and SUSANNAH ROWTON are:
i.ELIZABETH5 BRADLEY, m. W.M. JENKINS.
ii.NANCY BRADLEY, m. WADE.
24. iii.JOSEPH BRADLEY, b. Abt. 1776, Cumberland Co., Va,; d. Aft. 1850, Wilson Co., Tn..
iv.ELIZA BRADLEY, b. Abt. 1777; m. WILLIAM MENTER, 08 September 1794, Cumberland Co., Va,.
25. v.WILLIAM R. BRADLEY, b. Abt. 1778, Cumberland Co., Va,; d. Abt. 1831, Maury Co., Tn..
vi.JOHN BRADLEY, b. 10 September 1782, Cumberland Co., Va,; d. 27 December 1855, Williamson Co., Il.; m. LUCY.
vii.PLEASANT BRADLEY, b. Abt. 1789; d. Abt. 1845, Johnson Co., Il.; m. MATILDA NELSON.
viii.SUSANNAH BRADLEY, b. 04 May 1794, Wilson Co., Tn.; d. 04 August 1865; m. JOHN W. WHITE, Abt. 1811.
ix.BARNETT BRADLEY, b. Abt. 1795, Cumberland Co., Va,; d. Williamson Co., Il.; m. SYNTHIA SIMPSON.
12. HEZEKIAH4 BRADLEY (JOHN3, JOHN2, ROBERT1) was born Abt. 1752 in Cumberland Co., Va., and died Abt. 1809 in Cumberland Co., Va.. He married RACHEL BROWN.
More About HEZEKIAH BRADLEY:
Will: 24 June 1809
Children of HEZEKIAH BRADLEY and RACHEL BROWN are:
iii.SAMUEL B. BRADLEY.
iv.JONAS BRADLEY, b. Abt. 1778.
v.JOHN BRADLEY, b. Abt. 1787; m. POLLY GREY, 07 November 1816, Wilson Co., Tn..
13. GEORGE4 BRADLEY,SR. (ROBERT3, JOHN2, ROBERT1) was born Abt. 1753 in Spotsylvania Co., Va. (Source: Barren/Metcalfe Co., Ky. census records.), and died 24 November 1820 in Orange Co., Va. (Source: Beverly Bradley Family Bible.). He married LUCY RICE 29 July 1775 in St.Thomas Parish, Orange Co., Va. (Source: Orange Co., Va. Marriage licenses (filed in back of Deed Book)).
Notes for GEORGE BRADLEY,SR.:
George Bradley was tallied in Virginia Taxpayers 1782-1787 in Spotsylvania Co., Va. It is believed that George was the only son of Robert to stay in Va.
He apparently served in the Revolution as he is listed in the DAR Patriot Index as a Private from Va.
More About GEORGE BRADLEY,SR.:
Birth: Abt. 1753, Spotsylvania Co., Va.
Marriage: 25 July 1775, St. Thomas Parish, Orange Co., Va.
Death: 24 November 1820, Orange Co., Va.
Wars Served: Revolution
Children of GEORGE BRADLEY and LUCY RICE are:
i.ELIZABETH5 BRADLEY, b. Abt. 1776, Orange Co., Va.; m. JOHN COLEMAN, 24 December 1794, St. Thomas Parish, Orange Co., Va. (Source: Orange Co., Va. Marriage licenses).
26. ii.NANCY BRADLEY, b. Abt. 1778, Orange Co., Va.; d. Aft. 1860.
27. iii.JOHN RICE BRADLEY, b. Abt. 1782, Orange Co., Va.; d. 1824, Culpeper Co., Va..
iv.LUCY BRADLEY, b. Abt. 1784, Orange Co., Va.; m. ROBERT CAVE, 19 August 1806, St.Thomas Parish, Orange Co., Va. (Source: Orange Co., Va. Marriage licenses).
Marriage Notes for LUCY BRADLEY and ROBERT CAVE:
George Bradley, Jr. was Surety and swore Lucy was over 21 years of age.
v.POLLARD BRADLEY, b. Abt. 1786, Orange Co., Va.; d. Bef. 1850.
vi.MARY B. BRADLEY, b. Abt. 1788, Orange Co., Va.; m. EDWARD HERNDON, 18 October 1822, Orange Co., Va..
28. vii.WILLIAM BALL BRADLEY, b. Abt. 1789, Orange Co., Va.; d. Aft. 1860, Smythe Co., Va..
viii.GEORGE BRADLEY, JR., b. Abt. 1790, Orange Co., Va..
14. ROBERT4 BRADLEY, JR. (ROBERT3, JOHN2, ROBERT1) was born Abt. 1755 in Spotsylvania Co., Va., and died Bef. 1810 in Scott Co., Ky. (Source: Estimated from Will, filed in Scott Co., Ky.). He married HANNAH JOHNSON Abt. 1781 in Orange Co., Va. (Source: Orange Co., Va. Marriage licenses), daughter of WILLIAM JOHNSON and ELIZABETH CAVE.
Notes for ROBERT BRADLEY, JR.:
Robert Bradley, Jr. was tallied on the first census of Ky. on 3/23/1790 in Woodford Co. He was tallied again on the Scott Co., Ky. census in 1800 along with brothers John, Beverly and Benjamin.
Robert Bradley, Jr. could have died as early as 1808. His Will was produced in the May 1810 Court and was recorded in Scott Co., Ky. in Will Bk B, Pages 66-67. The Will is in poor condition due to Court House fires and water damage. Parts of the Will are illegible. He had named Robert Gains and David Thomas as Executors of his Estate. However, when the Will was produced in Court the Executors renounced their Executorship. It was then ordered that Administration be granted to Robert's sons Philip and Stephen and James Johnson, nephew of Robert's wife Hannah. James Johnson was a Justice of the Peace in Scott Co., Ky.
Robert, Jr. served in Captain Robert Saunders Company as a member of the Central Kentucky Militia of 1786. This was one of the Company's who defended Bryan's Station against the Indians in this claimed last battle of the American Revolution. This is documented in the Draper Manuscripts owned by the State Historical Society of Wisconsin. It is possible that Robert, like his brother Thomas, was wounded at Bryan's Station.
More About ROBERT BRADLEY, JR.:
Birth: Abt. 1755, Spotsylvania Co., Va.
Marriage: Abt. 1781, Orange Co., Va.
Death: Abt. 1809, Scott Co., Ky.
Will: May 1810, Will Bk B Pg 66, Scott Co., Ky.
Military Service: Revolution
Wars Served: Battle at Bryan's Station, Lexington, Ky.
Notes for HANNAH JOHNSON:
Some sources believe that Hannah Johnson was a widow in Boone Co., Ky. when Robert Bradley, Jr. married her, but their marriage is recorded in Orange Co., Va. records.
Hannah was tallied on the 1810 census for Scott Co., Ky. as over 45 years old and with 2 sons, probably Johnson and Willis. Scott Co., Ky. lists a marriage for a Hannah Johnson to George McDaniel on 7/18/1811. We have no proof that this is the widow of Robert Bradley, Jr.
Hannah came from a distinguished family. The Johnson's were prominent in both politics and military service. She was the Aunt of Richard Mentor Johnson, Vice President of the United States under Martin Van Buren. Her brothers, Col. Robert M. and Cave Johnson were close associates of Daniel Boone. It was Cave Johnson who took Boone over the mountains from Va. to the Ky. wilderness.
Hannah is said to have had four children by her marriage to Thomas Montague, but we were only able to find one son.
Children of ROBERT BRADLEY and HANNAH JOHNSON are:
29. i.SARAH5 BRADLEY, b. 14 February 1780, Orange Co., Va.; d. 12 March 1822, Franklin Co., Ky..
30. ii.PHILIP BRADLEY, b. 20 April 1784, Orange Co., Va.; d. 25 May 1820, Scott Co., Ky..
31. iii.STEPHEN BRADLEY, b. 06 October 1786, Orange Co., Va.; d. 16 June 1835, Marion Co., Mo..
iv.LUCY BRADLEY, b. 11 October 1788, Woodford Co., Ky.; d. 07 June 1832, Franklin Co., Ky.; m. JOHN MILAM.
v.VALENTINE BRADLEY, b. 15 November 1790, Woodford Co., Ky.; d. 10 March 1856, Marion Co., Mo.; m. ELIZA A. CLARK.
32. vi.DANIEL BRADLEY, b. 15 March 1793, Scott Co., Ky.; d. 16 June 1835, Palmyra, Marion Co., Mo..
33. vii.JOHNSON BRADLEY, b. 25 June 1795, Scott Co., Ky.; d. 07 February 1837, Boone Co., Ky..
viii.WILLIS BRADLEY, b. 04 March 1797, Scott Co., Ky.; d. IL.; m. CORRINNA J. JOHNSON, 28 September 1819, Fayette Co., Ky. (Source: Fayette Co., Ky. marriages).