Hi Joan, No, I am not positive that my Davenports are from KY.This is the best information that I have so far:
1. Elzie/Elzy Davenport was married to Francis Catherine Fegerson.They had a daughter, Lula Mildred Davenport, that married William Frank Lamar in Moody, McLennan Co., TX, in 1886.
2. Lula's death certificate (probably un-official, handwritten only) indicates the names of her parents (ELZIE and Francis Catherine Davenport) and states that she was born in KY.It is possible that her parents, Elzie and Francis Catherine, were from another state or country since there is no information on their birthplaces.
3. On the 1900, 1910, and 1920 McLennan Co., TX census Lula's birthplace is listed as KY. She died in 1917 in Abilene,Taylor Co., TX.Her parents birthplace is listed as UNKNOWN.
4. I have no documentation on the spelling Francis Catherine's last name other than Lula's death certificate.It could have been Furgeson/Ferguson/Fergueson, etc.I do not know where she was from.
5. I have seen or heard that Elzie/Elzy could have been from IL, but have no other records and have not been able to locate any information that proves this.
6.I have found, through LDS, an ELZY Davenport married to a Francis _TURGISEN in Green Co., KY in 1852.He was also in the Civil War and have found record of his service in the 21st KY. Infantry, Union Army.Lula's birthdate is 1871.The time frame between the marriage date and the birth date seems to be too long, but it isn't un-realistic.There could have been siblings born to Elzie and Francis Catherine before Lula or they just delayed having children.
7. I was hoping to connect with someone that already had information on my Davenport line.I have considered many variations on the spelling of the name, but have come up short of a connection.If any of this information looks familiar or is similiar to yours, let me know.
8. Other information I have is that the LAMAR'S (Lehmer, Leamer, Lamer, Lamar line) moved to TX prior to 1876.They came, along with the Clubb Family, from MO. and settled in McLennan Co., TX.Some of the Clubb children were born in McLennan Co. TX near Waco/or Grayson Co. TX near Tioga.
9. There are Davenport's located in Coryell Co., TX in 1880, but dates of birth of children do not correspond with the dates I have for Lula's birth. Coryell Co., joins McLennan Co., on the west side.Moody TX sits on the county line of Coryell and McLennan Co., TX
I hope this gives you something to work with in trying to see if it connects with your information. Please contract me if it does.I've had a lot of trouble connecting with this family line and am now at a dead end.