I am looking for the deaths of two RAWSON brothers, Henry, b. bet. 1818-1820 and Charles, b. bet.1813-1817, both in Leicestershire, England.Information I have is as follows:
- Henry arrived in the U.S. 10 Feb. 1851, New Orleans. Destination:Texas (Henry Rawson, 30, Merchant, from England)
- The 1860 census for Marshall, Harrison Co. shows Henry, age 40, farmer, along with his wife, Catherine, age 49 (which is incorrect - chr in 1820) and 16 yr. old daughter, Catherine Augusta.All were born in Leicestershire, England.
- The 1870 census for Marshall, Harrison Co. shows that Henry and his family were enumerated twiceThe entries are not identical but this is definitely the same family.(Maybe someone can explain why there were 2 entries with dis-similarities?)
- Henry was elected to the U. S. Senate in 1870 to represent Harrison Co. Texas in the 12th and 13th legislatures.Along with the two representatives from his district, he supported the radicals.Rawson chaired the Senate Committee on Claims and Accounts.
That is all I know of Henry.
- Facts I have on Charles RAWSON are limited.I have him on the 1850 U.S. census in Marshall, Harrison Cty, age 32, along with his wife, E. (Eliza)age 27, and and three children.No occupation is shown.He obviously emigrated to Texas prior to the arrival of brother Henry.
- The 1860 census in Beat 5, Harrison Cty shows Charles, age 42 and Eliza, 34, plus 5 more children - one of whom was born in England; the remaining children were born in Texas.No further information on Charles.I regret that I have no ref. nos. for any of the census entries I have.
I would be most grateful for any information concerning the deaths of these two men and those of their wives.