Mary Rogers (b. 1807) of Warren Co., TN married Sam Hunter and moved to Texas. Mary's sister, Rachel Rogers married (2nd) John B. Cunningham. I am seeking descendants of Sam and Mary (Rogers) Hunter who may have info regarding this John B. Cunningham.
Seeking to determine parentage/siblings of John B. Cunningham, born about 1819/20 in TN. Cunningham married Rachel Davis Rogers abt. 1842/43. They are listed in the 1850 census with their children in Warren Co., Tn. as follows:
02957,0474-03,M,John J.H.Cunningham* 9TN
02958,0474-04,M,Jerome J Cunningham5TN
02959,0474-05,M,Levi, M. Cunningham2TN
02960,0474-06,M,Landy T. Cunningham4/12TN
*(“John J.H.” is actually JohnJames Hayes, son of Rachel’s first husband)
Rachel's parents were: John Rogers and Rachel Russell (married Jan.,1799 - Jefferson Co., Tn.) They lived in the Irving College area of Warren County on the Collins River. Their children were:
1. Russell Rogers b. 6-15-1800 / d. 4-29-1839) married Mary (Polly) Tate
2. Terrell Rogers (b. Dec.1, 1801) married Betsey Coordan?
3. Elizabeth (Betsey) (b. Oct. 10, 1803 / d. Nov. 1827 or 29) married Thomas Cunningham
4. Francis Rogers (b. Sept. 23, 1805) married Jesse L. Hill
5. Mary Rogers (Dec. 16, 1807) married Sam Hunter (moved to Texas)
6. William E. Rogers (b. Aug. 1, 1810 / d. Aug. 30, 1836) - Twin to John A.W. Rogers
7. John A.W. (Andrew White) Rogers (b. Nov. 15, 1812 / d. Aug. 5, 1838) - Twin to WilliamE. Rogers
8. Pleasant H. (Henderson?) Rogers (b. Nov. 15, 1812) went to Texas and then returned
9. Elisha W. (b. Feb.3, 1815 / d. Aug. 15, 1838) married Hannah T. Berry on Sept. 19, 1837
10. Jemimah L. Rogers (b. July 19, 1817 / d. Aug. 15, 1899) married James Byron Vickars on Jan. 23, 1838 - They movedto California.
11, Levi B. Rogers (Born Feb. 17, 1820 / d. Mar. 4, 1838)
12. Rachel D.(Davis) Rogers (b. May 10, 1822 / d. June 30, 1892) [ my GGgrandmother] married to:
1st = James Hayes* in 1838/39
2nd = John B. Cunningham in
1843/44 ...My GGgrandfather
3rd = James A. Glen in Sept. 1862,
Ballard Co., KY.
Most of this info was taken from the family Bible of Jemimah Rogers Vickars.
The data on Rachel Davis Rogers' three marriages was gathered from the first roll of microfilm of the Tom Barnes' Papers, available at the Magnus Library in McMinnville.