Judy check this out, you may already have this inf. http://www.rootsweb.com/~wirichla/chap30.htmhttp://www.rootsweb.com/~wirichla/chap30.htm Chapter 30 - Town of Richwood. The first physician to locate at Excelsior was Dr. O Ross. He was born in Lawrence Co., Penn., March 17, 1834. His father was a farmer and civil engineer. In 1837 the family moved into the State of Ohio, when, at the age of fifteen, the subject of this sketch commenced the study of medicine. During the winter of 1851-2 he attended school at Hiram, with James A Garfield as school-mate. In 1856 he graduated at the Ohio State Medical School at Cincinnati, and in 1857 commenced practice in Hancock county of said State, but on account of poor health he afterwards located on a farm, and for two years dealt in live stock. In 1860 he resumed practice in Van Wert county, from whence, in 1864, he came to Excelsior, where he has since continued to reside, with the exception of one year, which he spent in the State of Missouri. Dr. Ross has had a large practice, in which he has treated a large number of cases of small pox, and is able to say that he never lost a patient by that disease, so much dreaded. The date of his marriage is 1853, in which year he chose as his companion for life Amanda Agin, and by this union nine children were born, six of whom are now living --- Ransford, Milissa, Charlie, Levi B, Isaac M and Emery H. Politically, Dr. Ross is a democrat, and has frequently stumped his district for other persons, but has never sought office himself. He is an active temperance worker, being a member of the IOGT.