I have: William BOWER born abt. 1798 and married Sarah CHARLESWORTH in Almondbury, Yorkshire, England. They immigrated to the USA in the 1820's and were listed as living in Poughkeepsie, New York in 1830. The family was then listed as living in Fairfield, Connecticut in 1840. By 1850 the Bower family moved to Oregon, Dane County, Wisconsin. Sometime around the 1840's or 1850, William Bower supposedly went back to Yorkshire and died. Sarah married a Mr. Cockroft and the Bower family members moved to Whitewater, Walworth County, Wisconsin.
Children of William and Sarah BOWER: 1.Hannah Bower born 1830 in Poughkeepsie, NY; married John RUTHERFORD in Oregon, Dane County, WI; died 11/28,1901 in Whitewater, Wisconsin.
2. Emma Bower born abt 1823 in supposedly Huddersfield, England; died 04/1864 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin; married William WOOD (Milwaukee real estate dealer/property owner who also was born in Huddersfield).
3. Sarah Bower born abt. 1838; died in 1868 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin; married the above mentioned William WOOD after the death of her sister, Emma.
4. Joseph C. Bower born in Yorkshire, England on 12/09, 1821; died abt, 01/05/1893 in Whitewater, Wisconsin; married Adelia Ann MARSH.
5. William Bower; resident of Whitewater, Wisconsin; still alive in 1893; married Clarissa E. in 1848.
6. James H. Bower; resident of Whitewater, Wisconsin; still alive in 1893.
Information mainly taken from original obituaries and family notes.
If you find you are connected to this group, please contact me.I am descended from Hannah Bower.Also researching the following Walworth County surnames: WINN, NOEL, RUTHERFORD