- born circa 1805 at Ohio.Buried with a military marker in the village of Omro, Winnebago County, Wisconsin at Omro Cemetery, Original Section, plot 235.Found in cemetery roster of GAR Post #7 at Omro but no military records found.
- born circa 1840 at Illinois, son of Jonathan Statler.Listed in 1860 census as a laborer residing in the town of Omro, Winnebago County.Enlisted at Omro and assigned as Private to Co. C, 14th Regt., Wis. Vol. Inf.Promoted to Corporal in same company.Discharged due to a disability on Nay 2, 1862.Re-enlisted in same company on Mar. 10, 1864.Mustered out on Oct. 9, 1865.Shown in 1905 Wisconsin State Census residing at P.O. Mountain, Oconto County.
- born circa 1835 at Ohio, son of Jonathan Statler.Shown in 1860 census as residing with father and brothers in town of Omro, Winnebago County, Wisconsin.Enlisted at Omro on Sept. 8, 1861 and assigned as a Private to Co. C, 14th Regt., Wis. Vol. Inf.Wounded on June 27, 1864.Died of disease at Vicksburg, Mississippi on Feb. 22, 1865.
James L. STATLER
- born circa 1830 at Ohio, son of Jonathan Statler.Listed in 1860 census as a laborer residing with his family in the town of Omro, Winnebago County, Wisconsin.Phoebe, his wife, was born circa 1838 at New York.Eliza, their daughter, was born circa 1856 at Wisconsin.James enlisted at Omro on Sept. 8, 1861 and was assigned as a Private to Co. C, 14th Regt., Wis. Vol. Inf.He was wounded at Shiloh, Tennessee and was discharged on Aug. 14, 1862 due to a disability.James re-enlisted at Omro on Sept. 15, 1863 and was assigned as a Private to Co. C, 1st Regt., Wis. Hvy. Art.Discharged again on June 9, 1865 due to a disability.
- born circa 1838 at Ohio, son of Jonathan Statler.Solomon enlisted at Omro, Winnebago County, Wisconsin on Sept. 8, 1861 and was assigned as a Private to Co. C, 14th Regt., Wis. Vol. Inf.He was wounded at Shiloh, Tennessee.While home on disability furlough, he was married at Omro on Feb. 15, 1864 to Louisa Weston.Solomon contracted a disease and died at Omro on Feb. 26, 1865.He is buried with a military marker beside his father at Omro Cemetery, Original Section, Plot 235.
Stephen C. STATLER
- born circa 1842 at Ohio, son of Jonathan Statler.Stephen enlisted at Omro on June 1, 1861 and was assigned as a Private to Co. B, 4th Regt., Wis. Cav.He was discharged by order of the War Department on Nov. 20, 1862.
-- the above are extracts from "Civil War Veterans of Winnebago County, Wisconsin..." by David A. Langkau.Hope the information helps in some way.I would be pleased if you could add anything at all to the biographical sketches of these men and their families.Somewhere I had an old newspaper clipping from the 1860s telling the story of Jonathan and all his sons serving in the Union forces.