The Abbotts are part of Hilton research I have done from circa 1700 to post Civil War Missouri. Here are the basic elements. Obviously, I would appreciate any relevant information you might have.
* In post Civil War Missouri, a Hilton woman appears to have married an Abbott (tombstone) late in her life. Her first marriage was to a Manning, an Alabama-Tennessee family. Her second marriage was to Patrick Hogar (I suspect it was Hogan). Her Hilton line traveled from Maryland to North Carolina, southwest Virginia, Indiana, and Missouri.
* In 1850, an elderly Abbott woman born in Virginia lived with the Hilton woman's family. Abbott households were nearby.
* These Hilton and Abbott families transited Indiana at the same period, mid 1830s, by the births of children.
* The old Hilton area in northwest North Carolina included a church and stream named for Abbott.
* For your reference, this Hilton line has not been linked to Hiltons in the northeast, so far as I know.