I read a book, "St. Mary's County, Maryland Colonial Period Tenants and Owners of Beaverdam Manor and Surrounding Manors" by Mary Louise Donnelly.There are several Samuels in the family line that I became confused.Hopefully, someone can help to clear up the record correctly.
According to the information that I have found on the several forums, homepages and others: 1) Samuel Abell, 1, born abt 1652; married Susannah "Ann" Gardiner.
2) Their son, Samuel, II, born abt 1682; married Winifred HALL
3) Their son, Samuel, III, born abt 1719; married Eleanor O'Brien
4) Their son, Samuel, IV, born 1755; married Susanna Spalding.
In that book the Samuels were jotted down in the order: 1) Samuel, I, born probably in St. Mary's County; married Ann (maiden name unknown)
2) Their son, Samuel, II, born abt 1670; married Winifred RALEY (also spelled RYLEY and RILEY)
3) Their son, Samuel, III, born ?; married Ann Stanfield (I have never seen that name on my Abell research on the sites.)
4) Their son, Samuel, IV, born 1719; married Eleanor Bryan.
5) Their son, Samuel, V, born 1755; married Susanna Spalding.
1) Has anyone seen a record of Winifred's maiden name?Which HALL or RALEY is correct?
2) Samuel and his wife, Eleanor O'Bryan are my 6th great grandparents.I want to know which one (Winifred or Ann Stanfield) is Samuel's mother.
3) I have seen Ann Stanfield for the first time in that book.Is this information correct?If so, who were her parents?When and where was she born?