History of Allegheny county, Pennsylvania : including its early settlement
Chicago : A. Warner Co., 1889
Cushing, Thomas, 1821.
Pgs. 691, 692
LEWIS ABER, farmer, post office West Elizabeth, son of JACOB and JENNETT (ELLIOTT) ABER, was born in Jefferson Twp. in 1836, on the place now owned by Mrs. Scott.MATTHEW ABER, his grandfather, came from New Jersey and settled in Plum Twp., Allegheny Co.JACOB ABER was born in that township.When 18 years of age he started in life for himself, and at 21 married and located in Jeffersont Twp., on the farm now owned by Mrs. Scott, where he engaged in farming and was also the owner of a distillery, which he operated 40 years.JACOB died in 1864, and JENNETT, his wife, in 1856.Their children were AGNES, now MRS. P. S. POLLOCK, of Baldwin Twp., Allegheny Co.; J. ELIZA, now MRS. SAMUEL NEIL, of Bulger Station, Washington Co., Pa.; REBECCA, now MRS. A W. BEDELL, of West Elizabeth; SARAH, now MRS. B. F. GIBBS, of Peters Twp., Washington Co., Pa., and LEWIS.In 1858 our subject married ELIZABETH MEGOGNEY, daughter of DAVID MEGOGNEY, of Jefferson Twp., and their children are JOHN P., born in Baldwin Twp., Allegheny Co.; DAVID L., born in Indiana Co., and ALBERT H., also born in Indiana Co.After his father’s death MR. ABER moved to Indiana Co., purchased a farm and remained there twelve years.He then purchased a farm at the mouth of Peters Creek, in Jefferson Twp., which he sold in 1888, and moved to one he bought of A. W. BEDELL, where he now resides.MRS. ABER is a member of the Presbyterian Church.