Hello James,Your mention of your ancestor, James Abercrombie bieng buried in the Sims Cemetery in Chambrers County, Alabama caught my attention.Can you tell me in which of the Sims Cemeteries he is buried?
Information in my files agrees with yours that the Abercrombies and Sims of Laurens Co., SC.; Walton Co., GA. and Chambers Co., AL. were closely related.Also, my GGG Grandparents, Hiram Sims,Sr. and Mary Abercrombie being husband and wife. They married about 1808 in Laurens Co., SC.Mary was a daughter of Colvill Abercrombie and wife Mary Lindley. Hiram Sims, Sr. and wife Mary (Abercrombie) Sims are buried in adjoining graves in the old Mt. Olive Primitive Baptist Church Cemetery located by Chambers County Road #53 about a mile or so from Shiloh, Chambers Co., AL.
Can you tell me if Your ancestor James Abercrombie was 1st married to Sarah A. Thompson and if so the date and was that in Campbell Co., GA.When and where did she die, buried and names of her parents?
I've some information on the Thompsons of Laurens Co., SC, Georgia and Alabama and sure would like to know if it all connects.
I do have a family group form for James B. Abercrombie and wife Sarah A? Thompson and their children:
1) Pleasant W. Abercrombie b. 28 Feb. 1833 Fayett Co., GA. d. 1 Dec. 1903 where? m. 1860 where? wife: Irene Hughey
2) Thomas Joseph Abercrombie b. abt. 1835 Fayett Co., GA. d. 1894 where? m. (1st) on 7 June 1860 Chambers Co., AL. wife: Mary E. Lett m. (2nd) when? where? wife: Martha Watts
3) Mary E. Abercrombie b. abt. 1838 Fayett Co., GA. d. when? where? m. if so when? where? to whom?
4) Emily Abercrombie b. abt. 1840 Fayett Co., GA. d. when? where? m. 19 Feb. 1863 Tallapoosa Co., AL. husband: Thomas A. Crafford? Crawford?
5) James M. Abercrombie b. abt. 1843 Fayett Co., GA. d. 23 June 1871 where? m. when? where? wife: Lucretia Hughey
6) Caroline "Carrie" Abercrombie b. abt. 1846 Chambers Co., AL. d. when? where? m. if so, when? where? to whom? Do you know if she was married to a man named Wilson? who died before 1880?I've read that Carrie is enumerated as Carrie Wilson, a widow, in the 1880 census for Bastrop Co., TX. and in the 1900 census for Milan Co., TX.
Also, show that your ancestor James Abercrombie was 2nd married 15 July 1869 to Martha Swigler in Tallapoosa Co., AL.Ref: Book "7" page 234
I've been researching and collecting family information about Sims, Abercrombie, Thompson, Babb, Kellett and many more for 30 plus years and would much appreciate the opportunity to compare and exchange notes with you.