To add to the previous post:
(1) I received a PDF file from an Abernathy descendant in Lincoln Co., NC, who has 11 children listed for David and Christine, (not the "usual" 9).
(2) A file I also received,( from a descendant of Rev. Jos. T., and his son, Rev. David N.), lists a: DRUCILLA -b. 1854 d. young; born to Rev. Jos. T. and wife Sarah Elizabeth (Mobley).
(3) This same file has a son of Rev. David N. as: David TURNER Abernathy. NOTE: Rev. David's wife was Millie Epperson, (obviously not Turner).
(4) "My" David, (b. 1790 NC), was on the Maury Co. TN tax list, listed as a David Jr.,in the household of David Abernathy, (b. 1752 VA), who is therein listed as: "David Sr."!NOTE: He is listed next to brothers: Ephraim and Milton P., so there can be no mistake about this!ALSO: David Turner Abernathy b. 1726 VA, died in 1814, in Lincoln County NC, so thisDavid Sr. CANNOT be
(5) The families of:Armstrong, Mitchell, Moore, and others, (that were close to David Abernathy on the 1820 Giles Co. TN census), were also seen near him on the 1830 and 1840 Shelby Co. AL censuses.
My conclusion: My ancestor, David Abernathy b. 1790 NC, IS the son of David and Christine.
Any comments, etc. are encouraged.