Title: History of Allegheny county, Pennsylvania: including its early settlement and progress to the present time ; a description of its historic and interesting localities ; its cities, towns and villages; religious, educational, social and military history ; mining, manufacturing and commercial interests, improvements, resources, statistics, etc. ; also, biographies of many of its representative citizens Author: Cushing, Thomas, b. 1821
Pg. a396 WILLIAM OSBORNE, M. D., FRANK, is a son of JOHN and SARAH (ABERNATHY) OSBORNE, of England. The father came to this country in 1861, and settled near Irwin station, in Westmoreland County, and remained until 1882, when he moved to Homestead, and has since resided there, retiring from the coal and mercantile business.DR. OSBORNE was born in England in 1847, came to this country in 1862, and first worked as a coal-miner, but afterward entered the Bennett Medical College, of Chicago, from which he graduated in 1882, and commenced the practice of his profession at Turtle Creek, but in the same year moved to his present location.In 1868 he was married to MARY J. PERCY, daughter of JOHN and MARGARET (MILLER) PERCY, natives of England, who located in Westmoreland County.They have six children living: SARAH, MAGGIE, FRANICS A., LIZZIE G., WILLIAM and EDGAR J.DR. OSBORNE and family are members of the M. E. Church at Scott Haven.He is a member of Aliquippa Lodge, No. 375, F. & A. M.