L. S. Abraham ~ Iowa
comments powered by
Davenport Daily Leader
Davenport, Scott, Iowa
January 18, 1899
- L.S. Abraham met a horrible death at Ottumwa in the Burlington yards
Tuesday morning. He had fallen asleep on the track in a drunken stupor and a
train passed over him.
- Nora Valentine of Eldora was awarded $2,000 damages by the jury on Tuesday
in the breach of promise of marriage suit against David Hauser for $10,000.
- Capt. H.H. Canfield of Boone, who was with the Iowa Signal Corps in Porto
Rico, in an interview corroborated every statement that has been made by
Gen. Miles, in the beef controversy.
- John Moran of Clinton was attacked by three thugs on Monday evening while
on his way home.
- Mrs. Emma Wickers, aged 80 years, died at her home in Clinton, on Monday
evening. She has been a resident of the city for the past 40 years.
Posted at this site with Cathy's permission
Cathy Joynt Labath
Iowa Old Press