Taken from the White County News & Telegraph, Cleveland, Ga. May30, 2002 page 3A. Dr. George T. Adair, age 100 amd 11 months, of Cleveland, died Saturday, May 25, 2002 at his residence following a period of declining health. Dr. Adair was born in Elberton Georgia in 1901 to the late Dr. S.B. Adair and Gussie Thornton Adair. He was a fraduate ofGibson-MErcer Academy, the University of Georgia College of Vetrinary Medicine, class of 1931. Dr. Adair began his practice in Elberton before relocating to the Old Logan Mill on Town Creek in White County in 1937. For many years he was the only licensed veterinarian in the seven counties of Northeast Georgia. Prior to his retirement in 1976, Dr. Adair was instrumental in the founding of White County Farmers Exchange and the White County Farm Bureau. Dr. Adair will long be remembered for his tiresless efforts and unflagging zeal to improve the state of agriculture in the Northeast Georgia Mountains. Dr. Adair was a known philanthropist amoung the colleges and universities of the South and a devoted champion and regular contributor to countless conservative causes. Even in his very last days, he was much concerned about the state of the nation and the future of the young people. Dr. Adair was preceeded in death by his wife of 62 years, Sewell Wallis Adair, formerly of Elberton. He is survived by his neice, Virginia Brookshire of Charlotte, N.C. and his "boys", Albert Taylor, Sr. and Jerry McAfee, both of Cleveland. After a long and fruitful life, Dr. Adair leaves behind a multitude of friends and admirers who have been touched by his extraordinary life and works. Funeral services were scheduled for 11 a.m. Monday May 27, 2002 in the chapel of Alexander's Gateway Chapel Funeral Home in Cleveland. The Rev. Leland Bagwell and the Rev. Ross Sparks officiated. Internment followed the service at 2 p.m. in the Bowman City Cemetary in Bowman, Georgia. Alexander's Gateway Chapel Funeral Home was in charge of the arrangements.