Kirkmaiden, Parish Church This T-Plan Church, built in 1639 to replace the original church at Portankil, stands in a walled burial ground overlooking Kirkmaiden adjacent to the fort at Core Hill. It contains the burial-aisle of the McDoualls of Logan on the North side. A bell cast with the date 1534 and reputedly a wedding gift from the Gordons of Lochinvar to Alexander Gordon of Castle Clanyard, together with a plaque bearing the arms of the Adairs of Kinhilt who owned Drummore castle, dated 1618 are to be found inside the church. The Plaque belonged to Patrick Adair and carries an inscription to him.
Site of Drummore Castle A 16th century tower house once stood SE of Low Drummore farmhouse, the remains were pulled down in 1963, it was owned by the Adairs of Kinhilt. ---- Has anyone a transcription of the above plaque? Thankyou.