Daniel Webster Adair,b. 2 May1828 in Georgia, (son of James Jamieson Adair),
d. 14 June 1872, bur. Klondike, Delta Co, Texas in the Adair Cemetery nr Eagle Creek.
Daniel Webster Adair joined the Confederate Army early in the Civil War. He was taken prisoner and lived for 22 months in the infamous Fort Delaware prison. All of his remaining brothers and sisters moved to Texas.
He m. 1 Aug 1852 Tallapoosa Co, Alabama
to Susan Catherine Lee b. 23 Aug 1833 Chambers Co, Alabama (a distant cousin of Gen. Robert E. Lee), and she d. 22 May 1901 buried in Klondike, Delta Co, Texas.
When she married Dan Adair, they lived near Greenville, Meriweather Co, Georgia.
About the time of the Civil War, they moved to a farm near Apelika, Lee Co, Alabama.
In 1886 Susan, with 3 youngest children, moved to Delta Co Texas where she died.
Daniel and Susan Adair had children:
1. Mary Elizabeth "Lizzie" Adair
2. (male) Adair, b. 18 Dec 1854, d. 18 Dec 1854.
3. John Ewell Adair
4. Enoch Shepherd "Shep" Adair
5. Susan N. Adair, b. 8 Aug 1860, d. 1 Jan 1861.
* 6. George Washington "Wash" Adair,b. 28 Oct 1861 Dadeville (twin) m. A. Hancock
7. William Bluett "Bill" Adair, b. 28 Oct 1861 Dadeville (twin)
8. Joanna Amanda Avicus Adair
9. Martha Virginia "Mattie" Adair
10. James Madison Adair
* 6. George Washington "Wash" Adair b. 28 Oct 1861 Dadeville, Tallapoosa Co, Alabama, d. 11 Oct 1931 buriedBlum, Hill Co, Texas.
When the twins were 3 months old their father left to fight with the Confederate Army."Wash" followed his brothers to Delta Co, Texas. Before 1880, he bought land with his twin. At the age of 22 he went to Cooper and attended school for nearly 2 yrs.In 1886 he returned to Tallapoosa Co, Alabama and brought his mother and 3 younger children to Delta Co, Texas. He m. 11 Dec 1888 Arraneil (Neilia) Hancock (b. 1 Oct 1865 nr Guntown, Itawamba Co (now Lee Co) Mississippi) at her home in the Giles Community in Delta Co Texas and they moved to Hondo. In 1902 he moved the family to south of Blum, Hill Co where Neilia d. 19 Mar 1925 and he d. 11 Oct 1931.Both are buried in Blum Cemetery. They were devoted members of the Baptist Church in Blum.Their children were :
1.(male) Adair, b. 14 Oct 1889 Hondo, Medina Co, Texas, d. 21 Oct 1889.
2. Georgia Ella Adair
3. Frank Shepard Adair.
4. Glenn A Adair, b. 16 Dec 1894 Hondo, Medina Co, Texas, d. 22 Aug 1984.
5. Sallie Kate Adair, b. 8 Jul 1896 in Hondo, Medina Co, Texas, d. 25 Jan 1983.
6. Arra Mae Adair.