re: Ruth Adair, apparently a widow, (of Isaac or John Isaac Adair ?)
on Oct. 1, 1806, sold to Samuel Stewart (Steward ?)
100 acres on North Fork of Oconee River in Jackson Co, GA, where the (Adair / Adair / Adear )family at that time intermarried with the McCord, Williams and Oak families.
Marriages, Jackson Co. GA :
Isaac Oak & Nancy Adare, (licence) issued 10th March 1806
1820 census, Jackson County, Georgia.
In the 1799 Jackson Co GA tax list :
Capt. Kelough’s Company, James Stewart;
Capt. John Strong’s Company, Charles Stewart who had 287 acres on North Oconee originally granted to Micajah Williamson.
In the c.1801 tax list :
Capt. Kelough's list :James (2) Stewart, Samuel & Lazarus Stewart;
Capt. *Townsend's list, Charles & Reuben Stewart;
Capt. Cochran's district (Mulberry and Walnut Forks of the Oconee),
....William Stewart and sons James and Absalom Stewart.
....This family was enumerated in Pendleton District in 1800 and
.....in 1801 moved to Jackson Co.
In the 1803 tax list,
Charles *McConnell’s district previously listed by *Townsend, were
...... Charles, Reuben, and another William Stewart.
Capt. McKeever's district previously listed by Cochran were
......William Stewart snr, 400 acres on Mulberry adjoining Vicery (Vickery)
......and sons James, Absalem and William Stewart jnr.
(Did a John or Isaac Adair purchase land from McConnell ?)
The 1801 Jackson Co Minute book, shows an order for George Stewart
to be overseer of the road leading from Clarksborough to the
Oglethorpe Co courthouse, and work under Capt. Kellough to be done
by David, James, Samuel and George Stewart.
In the 1804 tax list,
Capt. McKeever’s district were William, Larkin & Reuben Stewart
.... on Mulberry adjoining Benjamin Watts & Moses Langley;
James Stewart next to William Vickery, on Walnut fork.
In the 1805 tax list,
Capt. Mckeever’s district were Charles Stewart 400 acres adjoining Watts,
Charles Stewart, agent for William & Larkin Stewart;
Absalom and James Stewart;
William Stewart (from Pendleton).
In 1803 the first land lottery in Georgia was ordered & drawn in 1805.
Listed 1143-1146 were
William Stewart snr & jnr, James Stewart, & Absalom Stewart;
Listed from 1162 were
Temple, Reuben, Charles, William son of Charles, & James Stewart.
William and Absalom obtained headright land in 1804.
On 1 Oct 1805, Samuel Stuart purchased from
Ruth Adair, both of Jackson County,
100 acres on North Fork of Oconee,
part of a tract granted Joseph *McConnell Jan. 19, 1789.
(Did a John or Isaac Adair purchase from Joseph McConnell ?)
On 17 Aug 1810 William Stewart snr sold 400a on Walnut & Mulberry Forks
to John Gibson.
Another mention of Adair & Townsend was :
Ruth Adair b. 31 July 1812 AL, d 22 Jan 1888
bur. Salem Methodist Church Cemetery, Montgomery Co, MS
m. Francis Asbury Allen, b.1804 d.1888 moved c.1836 from
Marion Co AL to Choctaw (part became Montgomery) Co MS.
1. Albert Thales Allen, b.30 Aug 1832
2. Marcellus Hudson Allen, b. 9 May 1834, Marion Co AL.
3. Augustus Pinkney Allen, b. 19 March 1836, AL
4. John Russell Allen, b. 9 March 1838.
5. Mary Walter Allen, b.1 May 1840, m. Richard Walpole.
6. Sarah Caroline Allen, b. 16 Jan 1842, m. Andrew W. Irvin
7. William Hines Allen, b. 5 Jan 1844, m.L. Flowers
8. James K. Polk Allen, b.1846, d.20 July 1867
9. Susan Virginia Allen, b.1848, m. * Richard Rhodes Townsend.
10 Isaac Allen, b.20 April 1850, d. 31 Aug 1874
11 Thomas N. Allen, b. April 1852, d. 26 March, 1868