re: JAMES ADAIR was supposedly born c.1724 (son of ...............?) Ballynahinch, Co Down (Northern Ireland) and married an ANNE CLELAND. (see christening records, Ballynahinch Church).
James and Anne Adair supposedly had 5 children, being WILLIAM ADAIR, ROBERT ADAIR, JOHN ADAIR, LAVINIA ADAIR, and ELIZABETH ADAIR.
In May 1724 Mr & Mrs.James ADEAR, Magheradrool & Dromara Parish, produced a testimonial from Rev. John Campbell (Dromara Presbyterian Church) to introduce him & his family at Ballynahinch Presbyterian Church.
First Dromara Presbyterian Church was originally part of Dromore, co. Down, N. Ireland. In 1713 the Synod of Ulster made it a separate congregation, annexing to it the townlands of Tullyniskey, Enock, Fedoney and Carnew, belonging to Magherally; and Kinallen, Leppock and the upper half of Ballykeel, belonging to Dromore congregation. (Were there any Adair / Adear families on these townlands prior c.1724 ?) Not sure if Ballykeel / Ballykiel was owned by Sir Patrick Agnew of Lochnaw, Wigtownshire, Scotland, relative of the wife of Alexander Adair of Drummore, Wigtownshire.Alexander Adair was son of Sir Robert Adair of Ballymena, co. Antrim, N. Ireland, and co-executor with his brother Archibald Adair of Queens Co, Ireland of their father's will.
The first minister was Mr. John Campbell (lic. Armagh) who was ordained by the Presbytery of Armagh on 13th December 1715.He died here on 3rd June 1724. He was succeeded by Mr. John King (lic. St. Andrew's) who had been received by the Synod in 1719.He was ordained here on 14th December 1726 and died after a ministry of 30 years on 9th November 1762.